Plarail Twilight Express Mizukaze 'First Video'?

6 Replies, 5109 Views

This is the first video I have seen of Plarails NewTwilight Express Mizukaze. I didn't think it was to release until the end of the month.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • bijomaru78, Mister No
That is a very cool train with all the extra features. A little bit of a shame they didn't include stickers for the interior to make it look a bit more like the real thing.

Still, would love that for my collection.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bijomaru78's post:
  • Super
I'm sorry, but as I said before, with those big holes-windows it looks hollow, and therefore a bit cheap. I know they made it that way on purpose; holes enable seeing plakids inside, but the cars can be opened so there is no need for that in my opinion. They shoud close the body of the cars completely (black windows would be best) and then it would look great. Also, the gold on Mizukaze front and rear cars is not the best reproduction of the real train (there is too much gold), As for Shikishima Train Suite, it's a re-release (they released it few years ago) and they didn't change much (if anything). Again, the train looks hollow and you can clearly see through it. But, the fifth car looks better (because it's lighted so they use plastic as windows), the windows on the entire train should be made this way, it would look much better. Well, that's just my opinion...
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
That seems pretty cool.

Funny enough, the little buildings and houses are what really caught my eye in the video.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
@Bijo
Thats a good idea about the interior stickers, that never occurred to me. I am not a big fan of the see inside trains as you can't really see whats inside as these trains run the rails but I do realize there is a big following for them and maybe a sicker sheet included in the set for a buyer to install themselves if they so choose may be a good idea. Not a fan of see insiders but I am a big fan of PlaKids and these 3 are exclusives.

@Mr-No
I actually have the opposite opinion on the open windows. I much prefer them to the solid, blocked in ones. Not for seeing what is inside but for lighting modifications like I have plans for in my Train Suite. The Twilight Express is also slated for a light mod and added to the list of Customs I have planned. I agree with the lit dining car on the Train Suite looks fantastic and thats what I want to do with both the Train Suite and the Twilight Express. Adding frosted glazing to all the windows with a light inside would look great IMO. I was actually hoping that the Twilight Express would also include one light up car like the Train Suite so I am disappointed that didn't happen. After all they already have the light up chassis all they had to do was create a green shell.

@OTR
Hi Buddy! [Image: little-cutie-says-hello-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(06-10-2020, 04:56 PM)Super Wrote: @OTR
Hi Buddy! [Image: little-cutie-says-hello-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Hey! Big Grin
I’m still around and in fact, my son is back into Plarail and Trackmaster after pursuing other interests for a while.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
WooHoo!
[Image: audience-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif]