09-24-2020 09:13 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 1404
MrMotorMan
Last Post: Super
09-24-2020 11:59 AM
» Replies: 28
» Views: 5514
Scratchbuilding 4mm Scale Thomas the Tan...
Last Post: TrainMan2001
09-24-2020 07:39 AM
» Replies: 72
» Views: 15526
Online Selling Shockers
Last Post: DalaGStanator
09-23-2020 06:54 PM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 3873

E-10 Custom???
I have not heard of an E-10 Steam engine before. This custom made by this custom YouTuber looks great and I wish Plarail would take notice and create a Limited Edition one. I love the looks of this Steamer.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • chrisjo
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
That is a beautiful engine. The coal bunker almost looks like an afterthought. By the numbers it looks like there was only 2 of these. Thanks Dr Chris.

Come on Plarail....you know you want to make one...right?
(06-15-2020, 11:48 PM)Super Wrote: By the numbers it looks like there was only 2 of these. 
Authoritative information is thin on the ground, but it appears that five E10 locomotives were manufactured at the Kisha Seizo Kaisha factory in Osaka in 1948. These were the last steam locomotives built for Japanese National Railways.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Even more reason for Plarail to offer a Limited Edition possibly, Expo special, since its the last steamer made by JNR. Thanks Dr Chris.
That’s very cool and unique. My first thought was “An E series? No way!”, since that would mean 10 driven wheels in the Japanese notation system. But sure enough, there it is! A 2-10-4 tank engine that happens to be very attractive as well as unusual.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
OTR...please use your powers of persuasion on Plarail to make us one.
  • Off The Rails
I’m concerned about how that will go over because the world Plarail community is still a bit peeved about the C11. Besides, they still haven’t listened to me about re-releasing the C58 or the Enoden 300! Blush
  • Super
I actually prefer something new and/or different than a re-release unless that re-release is something very rare which in some cases renders the rare one...not so valuable.

I forgot, what didn't we like about the C-11?

Every time I look at that E-10 above I love it even more.
The C11 comment was just me being silly. IIRC, we complained a bit about the solid bracing for the smoke deflectors. It’s a fun little engine though.

I would still like to see another C58 released just because I like ‘em. Aside from the Ginga train and the Royal locomotive, I was thinking there was one more still in operational condition. I could be wrong about that.

I’ve got to admit that the E10 is an awesome and unusual engine. Having watched this video a few times, I’m really liking the idea of a Plarail version.
  • Super
Now I remember the problem with the new C-11...that solid bracing on the smoke deflectors that also incorporated the dual headlamps.

I am remembering the same about the C-58...my old brain thinks there is a 3rd one also but then again my mind has told me we have had this discussion before. I will have to check.
  • Off The Rails
Yep! Wikipedia says that C58 363 is in operation on the Chichibu Railway. Of course, there is C58 239, which hauls the Ginga train and was previously released as a Plarail set.

I know C58 1, the Royal locomotive, is on display but I thought I read that it was still in operational condition.

Back on topic but yeah, I really want an E10 now! Smile
  • Super
I think I have figured out what my ancient brain has been confused about a third C-58...

Below is the the train I was confusing it with. In my mind its very simple (or is it I have a simple mind?)

You see that special set's Train is a D-51 - 498... In the D-51 you can clearly see that 'D' is '1' more than 'C' see so we change the 'D' to a 'C' and remove the '1'.  In the '498' we have 4 plus 9 = 13 which in some circles is an unlucky number so we remove those and what we have left is a 'C-58'
So its all so very clear to me....isn't it? Blush

[Image: 10165979a.jpg]
  • Off The Rails