New Animal Carrier???

6 Replies, 3746 Views

Does anyone know what the rear portion of the newly released Plarail Animal Carrier KF-03 is for? Is this a replica of a real train car?

[Image: 88.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
I’m gonna guess it’s the door where the animals meal is placed inside?
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
oops...what I meant was that whole hopper thing. I see my arrow looks to be pointing to that square that looks like it could be a door like you say.
Its like a balcony, but useless as no Plakids can fit in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
as muddy said i suspect it is a feed tray
[-] The following 2 users Like rekp's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
I think that the whole area is a trough for hay and such...the door may be for food trays or cleaning purposes maybe.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
All thoughts that had crossed my mind but I couldn't rationalize it. Feed on the outside like that would seem like it would blow out as the train rolled down the rails without a lid. I wouldn't think that if it was feed that there would be no opening to the inside for the Pigs to eat as it would be a pig jam to one end. Now if there was a lid on it and the feed was dropped from an above hopper with a lid open..I could see that the little square might be where a person could shovel it out but who would do that?

I wouldn't think that Railroad personnel would perform a task like feeding livestock. The many semi truck Pig haulers I have seen do not feed them when traveling because they are heading to the slaughter house. I would assume any swine on these cars are headed for the same fate. This is why I wondered if these were modeled after a real livestock wagon where one could learn more. I can't seem to find any info for these in Japan.