E-10 Custom???

12 Replies, 8695 Views

I have not heard of an E-10 Steam engine before. This custom made by this custom YouTuber looks great and I wish Plarail would take notice and create a Limited Edition one. I love the looks of this Steamer.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • chrisjo
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
That is a beautiful engine. The coal bunker almost looks like an afterthought. By the numbers it looks like there was only 2 of these. Thanks Dr Chris.

Come on Plarail....you know you want to make one...right?
(06-15-2020, 12:48 PM)Super Wrote: By the numbers it looks like there was only 2 of these. 
Authoritative information is thin on the ground, but it appears that five E10 locomotives were manufactured at the Kisha Seizo Kaisha factory in Osaka in 1948. These were the last steam locomotives built for Japanese National Railways.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Even more reason for Plarail to offer a Limited Edition possibly, Expo special, since its the last steamer made by JNR. Thanks Dr Chris.
That’s very cool and unique. My first thought was “An E series? No way!”, since that would mean 10 driven wheels in the Japanese notation system. But sure enough, there it is! A 2-10-4 tank engine that happens to be very attractive as well as unusual.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
OTR...please use your powers of persuasion on Plarail to make us one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Off The Rails
I’m concerned about how that will go over because the world Plarail community is still a bit peeved about the C11. Besides, they still haven’t listened to me about re-releasing the C58 or the Enoden 300! Blush
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2020, 04:21 PM by Super.)
  • Super
I actually prefer something new and/or different than a re-release unless that re-release is something very rare which in some cases renders the rare one...not so valuable.

I forgot, what didn't we like about the C-11?

Every time I look at that E-10 above I love it even more.
The C11 comment was just me being silly. IIRC, we complained a bit about the solid bracing for the smoke deflectors. It’s a fun little engine though.

I would still like to see another C58 released just because I like ‘em. Aside from the Ginga train and the Royal locomotive, I was thinking there was one more still in operational condition. I could be wrong about that.

I’ve got to admit that the E10 is an awesome and unusual engine. Having watched this video a few times, I’m really liking the idea of a Plarail version.
  • Super