E-10 Custom???

12 Replies, 8693 Views

Now I remember the problem with the new C-11...that solid bracing on the smoke deflectors that also incorporated the dual headlamps.

I am remembering the same about the C-58...my old brain thinks there is a 3rd one also but then again my mind has told me we have had this discussion before. I will have to check.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Off The Rails
Yep! Wikipedia says that C58 363 is in operation on the Chichibu Railway. Of course, there is C58 239, which hauls the Ginga train and was previously released as a Plarail set.

I know C58 1, the Royal locomotive, is on display but I thought I read that it was still in operational condition.

Back on topic but yeah, I really want an E10 now! Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
I think I have figured out what my ancient brain has been confused about a third C-58...

Below is the the train I was confusing it with. In my mind its very simple (or is it I have a simple mind?)

You see that special set's Train is a D-51 - 498... In the D-51 you can clearly see that 'D' is '1' more than 'C' see so we change the 'D' to a 'C' and remove the '1'.  In the '498' we have 4 plus 9 = 13 which in some circles is an unlucky number so we remove those and what we have left is a 'C-58'
So its all so very clear to me....isn't it? Blush

[Image: 10165979a.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Off The Rails