Online Selling Shockers

331 Replies, 149939 Views

LOL

A Very, Very Rare Limited Edition, ' Winking ' Caroline Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, Tharazero1
I was searching Wal Mart to see if they are selling metallic Thomas, Percy, James and Nia.  I found this posting.  Wal Mart must forget there is something called ebay for tomy couplings.  Without the triangle screw drivers, it will be difficult to remove the chassis.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/4-Pairs-Rep...1KK7ZQNKN4
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
Not a reputable seller, wonder why Walmart tolerates it?
Better Business Bureau
Rated 1 of 5 on Walmart
Walmart's website seems to have a whole lot of strange listings, seems like at some point they let sellers use their website to sell products like Amazon does...

Here's a funny one I saw, the "real" Thomas the Jet Engine
[Image: Screenshot-20200719-003344-01.jpg]
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2020, 05:14 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like DuckGWR's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
That is cute, wonder if the Jet still lights up.

Here is one that is not so much of a shocker but does give a shout out to Muddy Poppins YouTube Channel.
Listing this rare red bulgy the description states "The only other I've seen is in a u-tube video posted by The Vicrage Orchard."

[Image: s-l16d00.jpg]
[-] The following 5 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, DuckGWR, Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Tharazero1
The word RARE is really starting to annoy me. Some sellers attach it to every single item that they offer for sale, regardless. Do they really think it makes the lot more attractive?  Does anyone use it as a search term? I think not.  Here's a cracker described as "Rare pieces of blue track compatible thomas the tank".

[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
LOL...let the buyer beware Dodgy
I agree with chrisjo I wish people would stop using the word RARE.  They do this in New Zealand too on Trademe and it drives me crazy.  There is almost always another listing on there of the same thing, so it can't be that rare.
Yes [b]Super[/b] Buyer beware, but I do feel sorry for the new collectors out there that don't know yet.
[-] The following 2 users Like AOF04's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Wal mart has sold a lot of questionable products in the past.  I will not elaborate since this is a family friendly website.  So i will leave it at that.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2020, 01:53 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
[Image: Screenshot-20200727-210703.jpg]
I'd be interested in this Cruise set if it had the green Cranky, but what caught my eye was the Thomas!
[Image: Screenshot-20200727-211229-01.jpg]
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.