2008 Tomy Trains?

29 Replies, 19234 Views

(07-05-2020, 11:07 PM)Super Wrote: That box looks to be in perfect condition which because of its size doesn't fair well for its age. Is it complete?

As far as the smoke smell, if you have a laundry tub you could almost soak everything, except the engines, in water and dish liquid soap. If you have a large plastic storage bin you could wash it all outside by filling up the bin with soapy water and rinsing the parts down with a hose. The box may have absorbed the odor too but all you could do with that is spraying a little windex on a soft towel and wipe the outside down making sure you don't get it too wet. Don't spray the windex directly on the card board. Then let it air dry outside or in a garage. Others members may have other suggestions. A search turned up this spray product from Zep that says it  " Removes the smell of smoke caused by cigarettes, cigars, and fire " Don't know if it works good or if there other Smoke smell sprays out there. See picture below.

BTW...welcome to BluePlastic Tracks and glad you are back into these trains we love so much. Smile

The box has a few tears in spots, and the only missing pieces are some trees and a couple generic track pieces, but I think if I root around a bit I may be able to find substitutes for the latter pieces. Other than that and the smell, everything seems like it's in pretty good condition. I'll be sure to take some pictures once I've fixed the smell and put everything together. Thank you for the advice and the kind welcome!
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2020, 06:56 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like jamble's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
@Jamble
Looking forward to the pictures Jamble

@Vio
If my eyes and math serves me right, that Tomica World Super Deluxe set #7423 has around 137 pieces to it which comes up short the the amount of pieces in at least 3 sets.

[Image: s-cc1600.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, violater
I'm counting 134, because there are 2 pieces of 1/8 rails (W) counted as x1, and the trains are 6 pieces counted as x2
The big bridge consists of 5 pieces together.

Is the motor Tomica counted as 2 parts? If yes, 135 pieces.
And is the leading train counted as 2 parts? If yes, 135 + 2 = 137 pieces.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
Sorry for taking so long, but I finally took pictures of the set! (Now no longer smelling like smoke!)
https://imgur.com/a/Iu6y0rY

I think my favorite part of the Layout is the Plakids station. The Plakids Station already looked very nice in its original form, but the English signage gives it a whole different vibe. The locos are also very nice, too. The faux-Super Chief's coaches look like they'd work well as background coaching stock, and the E3 seems like it might be an older version? The version of it I see Takara Tomy selling right now has an entirely different livery, and given this one has the same service title as the current E6, I guess the E3s on that service got usurped by the E6 at some point IRL? Poor E3, lol. The spiraling section looks very impressive, but actually building it was a struggle since it had to work around the presence of those underground tunnels. I am very happy with this though, since the plethora of track and risers will give me a lot of freedom to experiment with new Layout ideas.
[-] The following 2 users Like jamble's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
I was always in awe of this set as it has so much in it. Would be a great starter set for someone moving away from the Thomas trains and into the real world trains. Thanks Jamble for the photo's Smile
(07-06-2020, 01:17 AM)Vio Wrote: Super has a blue Amtrak so I'd like to see the year underneath the chassis. It's mold year should be the same year it was manufactured.

And yes, Eurostar is in Tomica World UK.

What about the Virgin Trains' Pendolino? I keep seeing it on the internet but am not sure if they are a part of Tomica World.
(08-22-2020, 02:25 PM)wonge15 Wrote: What about the Virgin Trains' Pendolino?
I keep seeing it on the internet but am not sure if they are a part of Tomica World.The train you're referring to isn't a Pendolino, I'm pretty sure it's a HST. And yes it is a part of Tomica World and was only ever released under the Tomica World banner
[Image: id61_ri1.jpg]
[Image: 1471687985922.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Am I correct to say that this Virgin Train was only released in the UK market since it is a real train there?

Here is a pic of the underside...oops...better get rid of those dust bunnies Dodgy

[Image: DSCN0657.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Tharazero1
Funny that it was imported from Thailand, and the black rubber is original?
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
I added the black rubber and the black couplings. I am assuming that they used the same chassis that the similar looking Plarail trains they released in Japan but I don't have any more of those to compare it to..

Like these to name a few...I think there may be a couple more but not sure. A yellow one?

Here are two additional ones with the same body from page 93 of the Plarail Bible...the trains look a little distorted in the picture as the book is not flat but they are the same as the Virgin.

[Image: DSCN0660.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, violater