2008 Tomy Trains?

29 Replies, 19003 Views

The Tomica World Virgin Train #8465 is supposed to represent an Intercity 125 DMU, which is a bit of a stretch of the imagination since it is modelled with an electric pantograph on its roof. The mould is identical to the 1989 Plarail Kintetsu Urban Liner (as suggested by Super above) which itself appeared in Tomica World guise in the TW Large Set #7421.

[Image: image.png]   [Image: image.png]
[Image: image.png]   [Image: image.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super, Tharazero1
Plarail always seems to be a bust when TOMY tries making it in the States. Yeah, Tomica World lasted a few years but it ended up fizzling out. Tomica HyperCity only lasted about a year.
[-] The following 3 users Like Fred_Pelhay's post:
I think Tomica World fared much better in the UK than the US.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Fred_Pelhay, Tharazero1
(08-22-2020, 04:19 PM)Tharazero1 Wrote: The train you're referring to isn't a Pendolino, I'm pretty sure it's a HST. And yes it is a part of Tomica World and was only ever released under the Tomica World banner

nope, here's a photo of it: https://www.flickr.com/photos/41294071@N02/31738520772/ (account isnt mine)
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2020, 11:22 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like wonge15's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
No, that's a custom
[-] The following 3 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super, wonge15
ah, explains why i couldn't find any other photos of it anywhere on the internet.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2020, 11:22 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 3 users Like wonge15's post:
Yellow is Ise Shima from the First Try Set Yellow.

And I'm not sure why the forums stated I asked about the "Pendolino". It was wonge who asked, not me. Did somebody edit my quote without my permission?
[Image: 1111.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like violater's post:
  • Super, wonge15
Yeah that was me by accident. I don't know how to get a users quote if they've already quoted something in their post, ill try to fix it.
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • Super, violater
Thank you Tharazero1.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
(08-23-2020, 07:57 AM)Vio Wrote: Yellow is Ise Shima from the First Try Set Yellow.

Thanks Vio. My mind is mush as I have recently seen so much of the yellow 'Shima' while searching for the First Try D-51-882 Why didn't I remember that...well..at the least I remembered a yellow one..not full blown codger yet  Undecided
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • violater