TrainMan2001's N Scale Trains and Projects

43 Replies, 32063 Views

[Image: 20200818-124815.jpg]
Well, the C Class got here today! It's a lovely runner, and it even looks good with the buildings and narrow gauge stock ?.

However, some reviews of the new N Scale Thomas range by Bachmann show that their still a bit large compared to British N Gauge, so it's a good thing that this was only a "Mock-Up" Project. I may in future do a small scene for the C Class, though.
Modeling the LNER (and some Thomas stuff) in OO Scale.
[-] The following 3 users Like TrainMan2001's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super, Tharazero1
She is a beauty, I love the finish.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • TrainMan2001
Well, I'm back a lot earlier than expected.
I've been home for almost two weeks now, and found out that the N Scale Thomas range was released and is actually to British N Scale, which is pretty nice! So naturally, I ordered Thomas, along with a couple of wagons. One nice thing is that, although he is based on the CGI model, he's actually scaled to his Classic Series size! The wagons are also nicely done, and all 3 models run very well. Thomas' mechanism also includes pretty much everything I was thinking of putting into the OO scale model I was designing, which helps him run so well! The only things I would try to change are the rods, the face, and maybe giving him some realistic details (although that one isn't really a priority). You can also see a project in the background of a couple of pictures.
[Image: 20210226-142924.jpg]

[Image: 20210226-143108.jpg]

[Image: 20210226-145705.jpg]

[Image: 20210226-152320.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like TrainMan2001's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Welcome back, TM2K1! I was puzzled to see you logged in from time to time during those weeks, until I realised you've been looking through your old posts. How have things been for you during your absence? I've been looking forward to your comeback for some time now.

On topic: wonderful to know Bachmann made sure their N scale range would fit in with other UK models. In that case, the Tomix Thomas and Percy would work better for a Strasburg layout than as the actual characters. With all the existing N models and kits of classes that happen to be in the franchise, having official Thomas models that look right with them is "really useful". I take it the new project will be Ffarquhar Sheds (for when Toby is made). Is it?
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super, Tons of Trackmasters
The Bachmann narrow gauge engines are also N scale correct?
they look absolutely gorgeous (the same can't be said about the price though)
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 2 users Like Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Those are H0n30 (runs on N gauge but in scale with H0).
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
ah i see. thanks LaG
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • Super
[Image: welcome-back-sign-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Welcome Back T-Man! Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Thanks everyone! Things have been going well, and I feel like the last fee months were good for me.

And, the prices are pretty comparable to regular British stock. The Narrow Gauge and N Scale Thonas lines are only more expensive than the HO line because there's a lot of features for good running in them (e.g.: brass gears, bearings, flywheels, metal in general) that the HO models don't have. And it surprisingly shows quite well with the differences in performance. The N Scale and Narrow Gauge stuff I do have run a lot better than any HO model I have had.
[-] The following 3 users Like TrainMan2001's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super, Tons of Trackmasters
Here's a picture of something I worked on today. Does anybody recognize what they're going to be?
[Image: 20210302-191052.jpg]

I might post some better pictures of the sheds tomorrow.
[-] The following 2 users Like TrainMan2001's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super