Does Anyone Know??? *Mystery Solved*

18 Replies, 10086 Views

You sure have a lot of 'Wants' OTR Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Off The Rails
(07-26-2020, 02:39 PM)Super Wrote:  As far as I know, Japanese Bullet trains don't run in the US Big Grin

[Image: 7414b.jpg]
Strange place, Tomica World. For instance, there's also a gang of talking engines with human faces. I don't think that's very realistic either. Exclamation
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
What are you talking about? They're all over at preserved railways! Big Grin
Modeling the LNER (and some Thomas stuff) in OO Scale.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TrainMan2001's post:
  • Super
Thanks for the photo of the box Dr Chris. That does look familiar and I probably seen it before. Must have stored that memory in the oatmeal and adult diaper cabinet Confused
(07-26-2020, 05:31 PM)Super Wrote: You sure have a lot of 'Wants' OTR Big Grin

Funny enough, I started thinking about it and it’s not that big of a list. Aside from the red C12 from the Zoo Train, there’s D51-882, the standard green Enoden 300 and the Meitetsu 510 train. A couple more DE10s would be nice as well, but not a top priority at the moment.

Actually, my top priority at the moment is trying to find an old HO Atlas/Kato Alco RS-11 in Burlington Northern colors at a reasonable price for the family layout.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
You have an HO Family Layout OTR.....are you hiding it from us??? Huh
It’s broken down and stored away at the moment. Because it was designed to be modular, with replaceable “live” scenery, we could use the basic layout with HO, OO or On30. A variety of factors led to it being dismantled and some of it was reused for our Trackmaster/Plarail tabletop Christmas layout last year. I planned to resurrect it with a nod to the family’s railroad history but that has proven difficult so far. Confused
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2020, 04:57 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
That sounds awesome! Good luck getting it back together!
Modeling the LNER (and some Thomas stuff) in OO Scale.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TrainMan2001's post:
  • Super
(07-28-2020, 02:10 PM)Off The Rails Wrote:  I planned to resurrect it with a nod to the family’s railroad history

Now that sounds interesting, I love that idea Smile