Grey Track

46 Replies, 24241 Views

Its interesting that they sold those grey slope rails at the Expo, that would be an easy way to get those
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super
On the topic of the grey track, I would like to know the set that features double curve viaduct track.   So far I don't have any luck in identifying the model number.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
yeah thats one of the last pieces I'm still trying to find what set they came in too. On yahoo, when they come up for sale they are always very expensive. Like this one here
https://www.jauce.com/auction/v696278438

I also think that the D-51 First Try Set has grey track, but it looks like that it is the darker grey and not the light grey unfortunately.
[Image: s-l1600.jpg]It also comes with one of those 1 into 2 rails pieces in grey, which I haven't seen before. Hopefully there are more sets in the light grey colour that has this piece
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2020, 04:06 AM by Super.)
  • Super
Vio had confirmed that the D-51 First Try Sets track are dark gray but since they don't make a switch like this in light gray (that I know of)  I think it would look better on a Layout with all light gray than using a blue one.

The other Tomica World set that I think Thara missed in the original Post may have been the very Rare Blue EMD F-unit which has a Loop of regular gray rails. Best of luck trying to find one Smile

[Image: 003-zpse1effe7e.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Tharazero1, violater
Would anyone happen to have or take a photo of the colour difference between the light and dark grey track?
  • Super
I know I have some comparison pictures here in the Forums somewhere but I can't find them. I also don't have any more dark gray rails to show now so I hope someone else can help us out with a couple of pics.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Tharazero1
How do you ever find one of these Blue Amtrak sets anyway?
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
Easiest way would be browsing eBay US and looking for it daily. Could be in large lots or if you are very very lucky, a set could come up, but I've never seen one for sale before
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2020, 08:44 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • Super, violater
And...be very, very lucky.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Tharazero1, violater
I just looked through all my Gray track Bins to see if I had at least one of the dark gray tracks to make a comparison picture but I don not have any more. Hopefully someone can help or I can find my pictures which may be in the Show Us What You Bought Forum when I received the sets I was disappointed in..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Tharazero1