Clear E2 Series Shinkansen???

8 Replies, 3794 Views

Hi guys,
I was just browsing as usual and I was looking and found a Clear E2 Series Shinkansen
[Image: 109354877_337666354070756_40700537780592...e=5F3C5BFD]
Now I've heard of a Clear Dr. Yellow, E5 and E6, but i've never seen a clear E2 series, I tried to learn and research about it but there is literally nothing about it, bar a couple of pictures and a video of it running here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUOh3WDCUt0

If anyone knows more about it and would like to share that would be great. Thanks
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • bijomaru78, Super
Following the BigLobe Link in the video, it looks like this was a drawing for the 1st Anniversary of this train??? Looks to be a 2 pack with the colored and the clear train. 2003 maybe??? Maybe only 240 given away??? I am guessing that since the information is from the BigLobe site, Vio may know all about it.

BigLobe

[Image: hadc100010001.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Tharazero1
ahh yes, so there was only 240 of these given away. Hopefully Vio can tell is more about it because I'm struggling with the translation. Interestingly, it also has photos of the Clear C62's at the bottom, saying it was also a prize
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super
I am interested in the info in the other link that I can't use the online translator with because its PDF.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Tharazero1
That rarity, is on par with the Clear C62. I have not seen it in Auctions yet. It is 2003, and only 240 were won.
Both are said to be Phantom Gems of Plarail of the early year 2000s. I don't dare estimate the price of the clear E2 since there is no auctions available for the past 8 years.
[-] The following 2 users Like violater's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
Well considering 3 Clear C62's have been at auction the last 4 or so years, I'm guessing that a clear E2 would be worth more than those
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2020, 02:33 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super
Well, you can't say that because it is just a matter of time that it will get sold. It like looking into a pool of people who are willing or not to sell the Clear C62s and the Clear E2s. I'm pretty sure that most of the clear E2 are just treated like mere toys by children which makes it hard to calculate the survivors.
  • Super, Tharazero1
Ahhh yeah makes sense. That's the case with a lot of the rare limited edition Plarail's. It was the case with my Blushing Thomas (1/360) but the Japanese always seem to take care of their toys and treat them well, unlike in other parts of the world
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2020, 02:37 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • Super, violater
Unfortunately, not all Japanese. My C58 was in very rugged condition, and some boxes on auctions have their tape stuck on the exterior instead of interior of the box, so it looks like a mummified junk.
  • Super, Tharazero1