Japanese TnA Translations

9 Replies, 4838 Views

Can anyone translate any of the Japanese TnA engines? (mainly the exclusives, i.e. Henry, Gordon, Toby, D10, no guessing lol)
[-] The following 1 user Likes v8eatrice's post:
  • Super
Good question V-8.

My guess is........oh, no guessing.....LOL Smile  Hopefully one of our Japanese speaking members can help or direct us to a web page that does a comparison of what any languages are saying.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I think with the Tna trains that are also released with english accents (thomas, percy, james) have the same phrases as their Japanese counterparts so it shouldn't be so hard to find those phrases. But i think it may be a little difficult to find out the japanese ones.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super
Aren't there like 3 different languages? English, Spanish and Japanese? Can any Japanese speaking members confirm that what the trains say in Japanese is the same as the English ones?
There are 3 versions of Thomas, James and Percy.
English - British
English - American
Japanese

I believe the American and British version are different with what they say.  This is also mentioned on the Thomas Wiki page
https://thomasmotorized.fandom.com/wiki/...ion_Thomas
[-] The following 1 user Likes AOF04's post:
  • Super
Thanks AOF. Smile
It should be more interesting to know what the 2004 and later versions really say because they have much more recordings (some of which aren’t normally heard). The 2004 ones even reacted to certain actions and movements, like the Thomas from the coal and water depot. Surely there’d have to be some online listings that have translations of what they say (at least the 50 Phrase engines).
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
Yes, I'm pretty sure there are translations for all of the 50 phrase talking engines on YouTube.  With the TnA engines, all I can translate from the Japanese Henry and Thomas is 'mata ne' (See you).
[-] The following 3 users Like v8eatrice's post:
  • DuckGWR, Super, Tharazero1
I believe Diesel 10 has his phrases up, but no other engines have them up. Maybe Percy, but that’s it. Try using a voice translator
@v8eatrice On the wiki, TnA diesel 10 has translations but how reliable the source was or how accurate they are I don't know

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cddLo...G2N8VDiTvA 
[Image: 795436713421701122.png?v=1]