Product codes/item numbers for Plarail Thomas?

8 Replies, 4016 Views

What are the "true" item numbers for every item in the Thomas range? Engines are assigned numbers e.g. TS-01, TS-02 etc. but they must have an actual stock number. Sets do not have a two-letter/two-number numbering system. Only thing I can guess is it must be the last six digits in the UPC (barcode), which differs from item to item. All I've got so far is from these items in my collection:
335771 - Thomas at the Suspension Bridge Set
826095 - Gator and Marion
968153 - Hurricane and Frankie
977735 - Thomas the Tank Engine Island of Sodor Challenge

EDIT: It seems 1999.co.jp has these 6-digit product numbers for Thomas items going back for at least the last few years.
[-] The following 2 users Like Fred_Pelhay's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
Thats an interesting question Fred. Wonder why some Thomas and Friends engines have the TS numbers and others do not?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Okay, so here I have compiled a list of each Plarail Thomas & Friends item made since 1992, with their item numbers and release dates. A lot of them are still unknown, particularly the 90s/early 00s sets.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
(no Google account required)
  • Super, Tharazero1
Wow...you have really been busy Fred. Very nice work.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Tharazero1
I'd love to know how you managed to find all the product numbers and days of release. Im completely blown away
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super
Well, most of the release dates come off the TrackMaster wiki, which were researched by Jdogman.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2020, 03:46 PM by Super.)
  • Super, Tharazero1
plarail thomas line shouldn't be too difficult to find on Hobby search.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
But the first wave of Plarail Thomas Trains (early 90's - early 2000's) would be very hard to find the product numbers because all those trains and sets are pretty rare to find with their boxes
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • Fred_Pelhay, Super
What's interesting about TOMY Plarail Thomas & Friends in Japan is that... they don't really make much per year. They don't flood the market with countless new SKUs like they do/did in the US and UK.
[-] The following 3 users Like Fred_Pelhay's post:
  • DuckGWR, Super, Tharazero1