An Interesting Take & Custom Edward

7 Replies, 4133 Views

Here is an interesting take on Edwards history researched by YouTuber 'Custom Trackmasters' and his customized version to match his Furness Railway roots.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, Off The Rails, Tharazero1
He's made a very good job of that, but I can't help observing that Furness Railway "Indian Red" is a dark brownish red like this:

[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
I like this guys channel. He uploads like every day and shows how to restore and customize trains. He also sells his trains on eBay too. He only started his channel in November of last year too and already has 13 thousand subscribers
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper, Super
I do like this color of Indian Red HERE

A much more burgundy hue that would look great with the black wheels and boiler plate. But you are right Dr Chris, that there must be a different shade than the 'Candy Red' that this maker used. All the pictures I could find showed trains with different shades of the 'Indian Red'. I am not sure exactly what Awdry envisioned the shade to be but I would like to see him in a bit of a different shade as he looks to much like James to me here. Thats not saying the maker didn't do a good job, quite the opposite, it is a fine custom for sure.

[Image: 5995131049-9cfa1c1cd3-b.jpg]

[Image: Uiiintitled.jpg]

[Image: Rail2.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • chrisjo
(09-05-2020, 10:01 AM)Super Wrote: [Image: 5995131049-9cfa1c1cd3-b.jpg]

That loco just happens to be River Mite, whose Sodor counterpart (Mike) is also red albeit a much brighter shade. Talyllyn and Dolgoch have also been the same Indian Red (which was their original and 150th anniversary livery).
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
Now that you mention it Da-lag and looking it up...would Plarail or Trackmaster Hurricane be a close match to this color or his he a different shade in the real series?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcShRMknzBFgz7v7oPcQe...w&usqp=CAU]

(Photo by TheIronEngine)

Plarail (left) is clearly a dark brown like in the show, while TrackMaster (right) has more of a red tint that's closer to Indian. I've checked several physical photos for lighting differences and few look like the brown he should be. Nevertheless, it's still the closest official item to the colour discussed here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
Thanks for that comparison photo Da-lag. Seeing them side by side shows quite a difference.