Plarail Pokémon Trains

22 Replies, 8927 Views

Thanks for that Link Lag, you are correct, its perfect.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(09-26-2020, 05:22 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: thanks, WF. Smile always nice to know the site has been useful to people. Smile

tyler, this is the link to the two i have. am yet to obtain more. other things took priority.
https://sunstomyandfriends.weebly.com/pl...-sets.html

Oh wow! I didn't know you used this form. Hi!
Sunhuntin is one of the original Members and a well respected Moderator here at BPT's
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
I did not know that, my apologies!
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2020, 12:27 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes WF72's post:
  • Super
No apologies necessary WF
(09-27-2020, 06:46 AM)WF72 Wrote:
(09-26-2020, 05:22 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: thanks, WF. Smile always nice to know the site has been useful to people. Smile

tyler, this is the link to the two i have. am yet to obtain more. other things took priority.
https://sunstomyandfriends.weebly.com/pl...-sets.html

Oh wow! I didn't know you used this form. Hi!

hi there Smile as super said, i have been around for a while, but dont often post these days as the knowledge possessed by other members far surpasses my own. often what i can contribute amounts of photos of items. lol.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
[Image: s-l16oo00.jpg]

I always knew about this strange Pokemon Plarail set but never really took a closer look until this Thread. What I found strange about the set is that there is an open Flat Bed car in the middle of a Bullet Train Shinkansen that Characters rode on. LOL. Was this part of the Pikachu Movie that is refereed to on the box?

What I didn't know is that the special tracks in the set that have the Lego like nubs on them. Further more the curves look like they can be flipped (nubs on both sides) so that they could be used in a different configured Layout.

I don't see a Lego Logo on the box so I assume that it isn't a collaboration set. Does anyone have this set and if so are the nubs compatible with Lego Blocks? Can anyone translate what this says on the front of the box?

[Image: s-l16oo001.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Tyler the Eevee
Good findings! Im glad this thread has made people take a good look at this license!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tyler the Eevee's post:
  • Super
Yes...we do like talking about trains around here. Big Grin
The title is litearly "Pokemon Block Linear GO!!" but a better translation would be Pokemon Block Magnet Train GO!!, as it appears to be loosely based off the magnet train in the second generation of Pokemon games, Gold and Silver. They would have been the most recent games as of 2000, which is mentioned on the sticker on the box. The Japanese games call it リニアモーターカー, which translates literally to linear motor car, and refers to the linear induction motors that drive maglev (magnetic levitation) trains (hence, magnet train.)
[Image: 285px-Magnet-Train-GSC-1.png]

The first star says you can connect the rails with Plarail rails (It appears because they do not specifically market this set as Plarail with the yellow stripe down the left side they wanted to make this clear)
The second star says it has two speeds, low and high
The curvy text under the train at the station also says it has two speeds
The curvy text on the left side of the image says something to the effect of pass through the ticket gate, ride the magnet train
The black text under the station basically says the normal "product color, quantity, specifications, etc may vary from the illustration" and that the figures may fall off the train
The black text at the bottom below the train windows says what is repeated in English under it. The blue oval says it is for ages 3 and up. Under the dummy car window it says the train is exclusive to "Pokemon Block Linear GO!!"

The red logo in the upper right corner is for Diablock, a popular Japanese building toy similar to Lego but with slightly different dimensions. Here is a Lego 2x4 plate vs a similar Diablock piece
[Image: Ehq-G-N-Xc-Ao6qbq.jpg]

Of interest to some here will be the Diablock Thomas range, particularly the large scale models they produced in the 1990s. They continued producing smaller scale models into the 2010s as well as a "Lego Duplo" equivelent for younger children, but the 90s models are the most impressive to me
[Image: 6BDblO3h.jpg]
[Image: Upcy65ty.jpg]
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 3 users Like DuckGWR's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super, Tharazero1