Every single Plarail Thomas box visualized

12 Replies, 6039 Views

Hi guys,
In my spare time I decided to make a table that has every type of box made for each Plarail Thomas Train, going from the very first generation all the way to the current 4th generation. It only includes the normal release trains, so no talking trains of any kind, just the normal Plarail releases. I wanted to create it so I could visualize every box in one place.Now I've done it in a word document but I don't think there is an option for me to upload a word document to this so I just have to upload screenshots of it. If you guys want the document, PM me and I'll email you the document for you guys to look at. It took awhile to complete this so I hope you enjoy it.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-09-29-at-11-45-46-AM.png]

[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-09-29-at-11-45-59-AM.png]

[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-09-29-at-11-46-09-AM.png]

[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-09-29-at-11-46-20-AM.png]

If somehow I'm missing anything (I don't think I am) can you please comment below and tell me so I can add it. Thank you
[-] The following 7 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, FfarquharDeveloper, generic_truck_69420, Super, Viktor, WolfRagnell
Wow, that is a very comprehensive photo list, Nice work Thara. Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Tharazero1
Thanks Tharazero, that's very useful! (•‿•)
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
This is a really nifty and useful visualization of the boxes. Kinda funny and sad that only the first seven engines & Diesel 10 have survived the test of time and are the only engines to last throughout all 4 generations of the range.

Great Work.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 2 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
[Image: f59a4f301f.jpg]
Here's a 2018 box Belle which must've had a very limited run before it was replaced by Rebecca in the line up.
[-] The following 3 users Like Fred_Pelhay's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper, Super, Tharazero1
Haha, I recognize a few of those boxes as being from my own collection. Glad to see the photos are being put to good use.

There is a second major version of the 90s Thomas box from when they updated him to have three wheels, they used a different shot from the TV series. Not my photo, but it is from the listing I bought this version from.
[Image: o415538783-1.jpg]

There are also an inbetween version of Thomas' box that has the Britt Allcroft logo instead of the very early English logo in the blue stripe (I'm missing this version)
[Image: Plarail-Thomasbox1.jpg]

Henry's box was similarly updated, the one in the chart is the Made in Japan era 1993/1994 box. I do have the updated version of his box
[Image: IMG-20200904-160838.jpg]

I believe there are a number of 90s box revisions I am still missing of multiple characters. In particular I would love to find a Made in Japan James. I also do not have any boxed 90s versions of Gordon, Toby, Duck, Donald, Ben, Diesel, or Mavis as of now. I also do not have a boxed Splatter and Dodge in Magic RR packaging or a boxed Powerful Gordon
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 4 users Like DuckGWR's post:
  • DalaGStanator, generic_truck_69420, Super, Tharazero1
(09-28-2020, 04:38 PM)Fred_Pelhay Wrote: [Image: f59a4f301f.jpg]
Here's a 2018 box Belle which must've had a very limited run before it was replaced by Rebecca in the line up.

Wait that existed, I actually never knew.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
  • Super, Tharazero1
Thanks guys for the info, I've put the ones that you guys have sent me in the table. As for the rare ones, I'd have to say that some of the rarest boxes would definitely be the Powerful Gordon Box, The third generation box with the old style james, the 4th generation belle, as well as most, if not all the first generation boxes. Particularly Ben and Douglas. I've never seen a first generation Douglas box for sale, and have only seen one Ben box for sale.

And yeah Duck GWR, your photos are of very good quality and because of the lack of photos of first generation boxes in general, I was glad to have used them. Also have to say thanks to Hobby Co Japan, most of the 2nd Generation boxes and all of the third generation boxes were from their website.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super
Douglas was never released individually, at least that I'm aware of, in plarail at all. He was always a set exclusive. However he was individually released outside the Plarail Range, in Europe (TOMY) and the US (Hit). The same can be said for Bill. Bill was only released individually outside the Plarail Range.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
  • Super, Tharazero1
(09-29-2020, 03:49 AM)FfarquharDeveloper Wrote: Douglas was never released individually.
Oh my, I wrote Douglas instead of Donald. My mistake. I know that Douglas was never released individually by Plarail, only in the Donald and Douglas Snow Plough Set, so sorry for that
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper, Super