5 Motorised Road Vehicles

9 Replies, 4455 Views

I picked up these 5 motorised vehicles recently from eBay. I don't see them come up very often and I didn't have any apart from the Shell Tanker so the little Super voice inside my head kept niggling at me until I pulled the trigger.

I don't even know if these are very common models - I'm sure Super has more info. I notice some are diecast but some, like the Thomas Bus are mostly plastic and much lighter.

[Image: IMG-20201024-183305.jpg]  [Image: IMG-20201024-183333.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201024-183340.jpg]  [Image: IMG-20201024-183345.jpg]

I now have 2 Shell Tankers so I am going to have to find another Shell Service Station! LOL

Also, if the seller reads this - thanks for looking after them. They all run great.
[-] The following 3 users Like Finno's post:
  • BoCoTheDiesel, Mister No, Super
(10-24-2020, 11:49 AM)Finno Wrote: but some, like the Thomas Bus are mostly plastic and much lighter.

Nevertheless, that bus looks really nice! That's a bus that is taking people to Thomas Land! There's also SC-04 Fujikyuko Type6000 Plarail Thomas Land Train, they would look great together! Big Grin
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • Finno, Super
Great pickups Finno and they were available together in your country which I find rare outside of Japan.

The Shell Tanker is much sought after even in Japan and now you have two. As Mr-No says, the Thomas Land bus is hard to find and I believe was only sold at the Gift Shop in Japans Thomas Land Park.

Now that you have one of the 2 McDonald's Box Trucks you will also have to find yourself one of the McDonald's Restaurants to add next to the Shell Station Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, jessetrains
Did Tomy make a McDonald's restaurant?
[-] The following 1 user Likes jessetrains's post:
  • Super
I believe there were at least 2 Tomica McDonalds for these motorized vehicles.
[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • BradyLikesTrains, Mister No, Super, Tharazero1
Thanks Dr Chris, that is the very rare Tomica McDonalds for sure and one that can demand a high price in good condition.

Here is the other Tomica McDonalds that is a less impressive and much smaller...

[Image: 267416009-m.jpg]

Here is the full video of your picture from CarrickWilmont, its a fantastic set.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, Tharazero1
Very interesting. I had no idea such things existed!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chops's post:
  • Super
If you haven't heard of these Chops, you may be interested in our Thread where we try to List all the motorized vehicles
https://blueplastictracks.com/showthread.php?tid=3496
Most curious, thank you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chops's post:
  • Super