My Little Layout - By Finno

86 Replies, 64955 Views

New mega-volcano! Smile
Cab rides look dangerous! Big Grin
Very nice, Finno, I bet you had a great time revamping your layout!
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 3 users Like Mister No's post:
  • Finno, MuddyPoppins, Super
Looking very great!!
Keep up the good work Finno!Smile
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Finno, Mister No, Super
Wonderful job on all the unique custom pieces Finno. The mountain with its cirular, level up track is magnificent. Is that Mount Taranaki?

I love Onboard Cab views of layouts as I get the sense of riding on the train itself and seeing all that the Layout has to offer in the eyes of the train Engineer. Got a couple of glimpses of the camera rig itself too.

The shed looks great.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, Mister No
I took some of my older trains out for a journey around MegaCity and Kamakura today. The Plarail number 1, number 2 and number 7 trains as well as the 55th anniversary coach. I picked up all of these from second hand stores when I was in Tokyo last year.

A couple of the engines needed some gentle coaxing to spin up. They are single speed engines that don't go very fast but still seem to run ok. Here's some pics and a little video.

[Image: Snapshot.png]  [Image: Snapshot-1.png]

[Image: Snapshot-2.png]  [Image: Snapshot-3.png]

To be honest I don't know much about these number trains. Can anyone share any info on them? I assume they are from sets?
[-] The following 2 users Like Finno's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Nice run of special Plarail trains (and an Eizan Railway Hiei), Finno! I suppose the middle car of the train No 2 is not part of the original train... it looks like Percy's mail car, just yellow! Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Thats a nice collection of Exclusive Plarail Expo trains Finno. I was always under the impression the the numbers were from the first year they were given away in the children's games held at the expos. We have had other discussions about this and I believe someone corrected me on that but I don't remember the reason. Vio...doesn't your BigLobe Plarail Museum have a page on the Expo Exclusives?

Love the Shell Station and seeing your display case full.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(10-23-2020, 11:29 PM)Mister No Wrote: Nice run of special Plarail trains (and an Eizan Railway Hiei), Finno! I suppose the middle car of the train No 2 is not part of the original train... it looks like Percy's mail car, just yellow! Smile

Yes you are correct. I don't have the middle car from the yellow number 2 so I used this other yellow car. It is a mail car with doors that slide open but notice it has the Plarail logo so it's not from a Thomas set.

(10-23-2020, 11:36 PM)Super Wrote: Thats a nice collection of Exclusive Plarail Expo trains Finno. I was always under the impression the the numbers were from the first year they were given away in the children's games held at the expos. We have had other discussions about this and I believe someone corrected me on that but I don't remember the reason. Vio...doesn't your BigLobe Plarail Museum have a page on the Expo Exclusives?

I'd love to find out more if Vio has info about them on his page.

(10-23-2020, 11:36 PM)Super Wrote: Love the Shell Station and seeing your display case full.

I have some new motorised vehicles on the way Super. I managed to pick up another 5 here in AU which I will include in an upcoming video after they arrive. That Shell tanker runs really great - he's so fast I have trouble catching him!
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2020, 12:17 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Finno's post:
  • Mister No, Super