TrackMaster Bert & Arry Chinese knockoffs

30 Replies, 18357 Views

I can only repeat the point that has already been made at least once in this thread, which is that the Chinese 'knock-offs' or whatever you want to call them are indistinguishable in quality, both externally and internally, and in their packaging, from the 'real' thing.

They are made using the same moulds, most likely in the same factories that made them for Fisher Price. My experience is that they use the same motors, gears, etc. and they are good powerful and quiet runners.  In fact the only real difference is that the money you pay for them goes direct to the Chinese makers and not to Mattel, and most likely whoever owns the rights to the 'Thomas' brand these days gets no royalties.

I personally have no qualms about buying them if I want them, I don't feel I have any obligation to Mattel / FP to give them my money (particularly in light of the direction they've taken in recent years) but of course it's a matter for each individual to decide for themselves where they stand on this question
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, DuckGWR, MuddyPoppins

Messages In This Thread
RE: TrackMaster Bert & Arry Chinese knockoffs - by chrisjo - 03-10-2021, 10:12 PM