Problem with my flip face toby...

7 Replies, 4367 Views

So, recently I've fully fixed my flip face toby that I got 2 months ago. But, today I wanted to check out the motor, because whenever I turn it off, it makes a werid screeching noise, any help?

I've cleaned the hair out of the motor, but it still doesn't help.

Here's a link to the video.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jummez's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper, Super
Maybe its just me but I couldn't hear anything in the video at all. Not even the sound of it running.

Just guessing because I can't hear it, I have sometimes given the motor shaft a tiny drop of lightweight oil to smooth out the sound. Was that motor housing spray painted brown or did it come that color?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
i did hear it but very faint.  is your camera connected to a boom mike?  if so put the motor to the bloom mike.  Perhaps the gear needs to be lubricated with WD-40?  I don't want to give any bad advice since flip face toby is rare.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
The motor housing did come in that color of brown. Elliot was also the one who helped with getting information on Flip Face Toby for the document.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
Thanks Ffar, I don't think I have ever seen a motor housing in brown like that before.
Hello everyone! I'm back, I forgot I've had an blue plastic tracks account, but I've been recently fixed and getting an new engine!

So first off, I wanted to show progress of the engines I've fixed recently:
Flip Face Toby (again..) and Donald!

[Image: IMG-20201228-020504532.jpg]

So first off, remember about that vid that I showed about my flip face toby having motor issues? Yeah, right after filming that video, I accidentaly broke him, again. So I had to replace the wires completly now and he runs good now!
Now let's get into Donald; first off, I didn't even remember I owned a Donald, but after finding him, I wanted to test if he was running, and he did! But poorly.. He had a lot of corossion, which probably got to the motor. So I decided to swap the whole unit with one that I got from rheneas, and he now runs perfectly fine, although he's a bit loud.

Now, I'm not pretty sure if you all know that for the past 8 years or so, I've been trying to get a flip face james from the james at boulder mountain set. And after years of searching...I finally own one!

[Image: IMG-20201228-020523954.jpg]

He was originally going to arrive on december, as an christmas present, but he arrived 3 months earlier!
I didn't have to fix him or anything, he arrived in excelent condition, and he runs really good! I'm finally replacing my RC james, which is having some problems running. I'm SO glad that I finally own a flip face james after years of trying to get one.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jummez's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper, Super
Nice work Jum

YouTuber 'Custom Trackmaster and member Powerful Gordon Mike' both have videos showing how to correct a Flat Drive motor that is noisy.
I have a flip face toby but i have never opened him up (in case i lose any parts) good job on fixing him!
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • Super