Plarail Clear Annie Mystery Solved

6 Replies, 4349 Views

So after talking about the Clear Annie to one of my friends on Instagram, I have now solved the Clear Annie (as well as Clear Clarabel) mystery.

Both the Clear Annie and Clarabel were released in November 2015, with the Clear Clarabel being given away at Toys R Us stores if you bought the Plarail Big Thomas Set, with only 5000 being given away. (Photo evidence below)
[Image: IMG-3272.jpg][Image: Ib29KTD.jpg]

And now the one we're all waiting for. The Clear Annie was released during 2016, and was given away at Toys R Us Stores if you spent over 3000yen on Plarail Thomas items, and even better is that there were only 3000 Clear Annie's given away
[Image: IMG-3271.jpg]

Hope this clears up the mystery that is the two Clear pieces of rolling stock, and it's also great to know that the Clear Clarabel is rare as well.
[-] The following 4 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • BradyLikesTrains, Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Super
Great job Thara!
So there were only 3000 Annie’s produced?
So the lot of them that I got, that said that they were for “employees”, were TrUS employees, meaning not all of those 3000 were given away with purchases?
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
Yes that is a possibility, I don't think the promotion was run for long either, possibly less than a month. And it's also nice to have a number on how many were produced
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2020, 07:37 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
I hope clear annie show up on auction. I only have clear Charabel but not clear annie.
[-] The following 1 user Likes drew5195's post:
  • Super
I have a feeling that there is more to the story, there has to be. Even if there were only 3000 made, I would think we still would have seen more of them show up on the Japan Auctions, especially early on, than we have. And then there is the fact that Muddy was able to get 6 of these in one sale on the Auctions when none had been seen before.

There just seems to be something we aren't seeing here...at least in my eyes. Dodgy

Muddy, do you remember when you got your set of 6?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Yes Super, I think that it was only 5 though, but I do know that the listing said only that they were “not for sale”, and were meant for “employees”.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
Hmmm, possibly there is still more to the mystery
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super