Today 11:46 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 57
Never Again
Last Post: Super
Today 11:43 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 477
Shinkansen Transformation Robo: Shinkali...
Today 11:33 PM
» Replies: 595
» Views: 238176
Thomas 2021 Reboot
Last Post: GreatGordonFan
Yesterday 04:39 AM
» Replies: 180
» Views: 15094
Finally got Talk n Action Percy British ...
Last Post: Euro2309
10-25-2021 10:11 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 350
Trackmaster Revolution (TMR) New release...
Last Post: Mister No
10-25-2021 12:48 AM
» Replies: 896
» Views: 603524
Halloween Custom
10-24-2021 07:54 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 82
Motorized Annie & Clarabel Wheel Swap
10-23-2021 11:53 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 112
Thomas & Friends Trains & Cranes Super T...
10-22-2021 11:48 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 170
Thomas Nendoroid
10-22-2021 02:10 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 1894
Flip Face Custom Percy
Last Post: Euro2309
10-21-2021 03:50 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 94
Yujin Thomas with pie shape in the eye
10-21-2021 02:04 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 231

My Tomica World - Introductions
Well, this is a thing.

All my class work [for now] is finally done, and finally I have some quality time to myself...

Good old Royal Mail certainly delivered today, as the new motor for my modified 'Javelin' 400 series, created from a heavily scratched and electronically dead Tomica World 400 Series showed up, a Chinese clone of a Tamiya Plasma Dash [I think] motor; After 40 minutes or so soldering in the confines of a Tomy 2-speed gearbox, I've managed to bring it back to life with a speed way above any of my other engines [all of which use stock motors] so yeah  Big Grin Even got some airtime when it hit the level crossings lol

Well, with that repair mission accomplished, there'll be pictures to follow when i've completed the re-livery into SouthEastern blue  Wink As i'm now on my summer holidays [of a sort], I've got more time for BPT and pictures/video of the newest additions to the layout, and as promised, a transfer of my Japanese 'Tomica World' promo VHS, which I believe is the one that would have come with my Plarail 300 Series set originally [when I bought the set, it was missing the video]  Big Grin
Been building Plarail worlds since 2001; still building in 2021 - Not bad really  Cool
[-] The following 3 users Like Plarail Man UK's post:
  • Super, chrisjo, Muddy Poppins
(05-06-2021, 11:20 PM)Plarail Man UK Wrote:  Even got some airtime when it hit the level crossings lol

Now, that would be something to see in video Smile  Looking forward to seeing more this summer P-Man
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
As promised, the Tomica World VHS, and I gave it a thread all it's own!

https://blueplastictracks.com/showthread.php?tid=4591

There's some pretty good footage on there, and i've also opened an extra YouTube account for any Plarail videos I want to put here on BPT, so yeah  Big Grin

Next update will probably be when Parcelforce drop my next Japanese order, which as it happens, will probably be in the next few days hehe  Wink
Been building Plarail worlds since 2001; still building in 2021 - Not bad really  Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes Plarail Man UK's post:
  • Super
Update again  Cool

Well, the original version of my layout is gone, packed up prior to a house move due in the next few months, so any updates on the layout are going to be sparse, since I won't technically have a layout for a few months at least...

The good news is, where I'm moving to will have more than enough space in my new bedroom [approx 3x the size of my current room] for the layout to return eventually, so watch this space  Wink

In the meantime, when I get a minute around all my work and life, I'm going to try and make a video or some posts [or even both] about the Sega Pico 'Plarail' add-on unit, probably once I find the box containing my Sega Mega Drive so I can use the AC power supply from that [the AC adapter with my Pico is for Japanese 110v, but it appears to be the same plug and output voltage as a Mega Drive, so hopefully my UK AC adapter will work  Angel ]

Fortunately I have equipment that can also handle an NTSC signal over RCA connections, including video-capture software and hardware [hence how I was able to transfer my Tomy VHS, among others], so yeah, it's less a matter of hardware and more a matter of finding time  Blush

Anyway, thanks for bearing with me guys, I also am pleased to note that I only now need the Plarail 100 Series Shinkansen and JNR C12 [black] in order to complete my collection of rolling stock, since those two are the only two released in the UK Tomica World range that I don't already have [and annoyingly seem to be the most rare Big Grin].
  • Super
Exciting times when one moves into a new place annnnd.....having more room for a layout......priceless Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, Plarail Man UK
https://blueplastictracks.com/showthread.php?tid=4653

Well, in spite of being in the process of packing up my current layout, I did realise that as I pack all my trains and gear up, I could take photos of each one of my models, and create an ongoing series of posts, with the idea being to create a detailed guidebook here on BPT about each of the UK range of Tomica World models  Big Grin

Part 1, about the 'Virgin Train/Kintetsu 21000/'Hi-Speed Express' is now up on BPT, so I guess in the absence of a layout temporarily this does give me something to post about lol  Wink
  • Super
[Image: image.png]

I'm not dead, just expanding the layout Wink

Signage, a mountain, a potential loop around the entire room, and a now-complete collection of exported Plarail models, or at least, all the ones ever released as Tomica World branded models...

Anyways, the move is complete so i'm gradually unpacking all my gear, and that includes the layout, so watch this space for the new [and hopefully improved] main layout, under construction...

[Image: image.png]

[So yeah managed to score the C12 and 100 Series Shinkansen in the interim, go me  Big Grin ]
[-] The following 4 users Like Plarail Man UK's post:
  • chrisjo, Mister No, Super, Tharazero1
Good to hear you are not dead P-Man Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Plarail Man UK
Well, I'm doing some layout planning anyway at the moment, seems like I might need to invest in a few of the 'Hypercity' clear tunnels or underground tunnel sections, that way I can run the lines under obstacles, like where my plushies are laid out and stuff; Kinda handy I got a couple more on the way from Ebay that came with the E4 series  E1 Series [hands in trainspotter badge] and they seem to be the most common new-old stock Hypercity items on Ebay anyway so sourcing plenty shouldn't be too tricky...

The question for me is how to route the line, whether to run along the edge of the room, behind my bed, or a hard right at my bed, a hard left at the hi-fi, then bridged sections across the stairwell opening, round the landing and back onto the main layout...

We'll see though, gotta get more boxes and work committments out of the way before I can begin building though ^_^ Won't be too long however, because believe me, the less time i'm without a layout, so much the better lol  Big Grin Can't wait to drive the new units soon  Wink

Also managed to get a plastic mountain for one corner of the layout; Ostensibly for Christmas decorating as it was with the christmas decorations in a local hardware superstore, but I took one look at it and could only see where it would fit into my layout  Tongue
  • Super
Looking forward to seeing a new Layout in your new room P-Man. Also anxious to take a look at the mountain you picked up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Plarail Man UK