Layout Error Verification

24 Replies, 10351 Views

I didn't know they held onto the rails very tightly, thanks Vio Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • violater
In the D-51りったいだいてっきょうセット, the pier base are missing in the front box layout. It was very hard to spot it.
How I found out: I saw that the box contents list has 10 はしげたベース (pier base). In the instructions, the はしげたベース is placed under the legs of the piers. However the box shows no はしげたベース.

[Image: D51-daittekyo-box.jpg][Image: Untitled.png]

I also got these りったいはしげた today in a second hand shop by extreme luck. When I tried to place a rail on it, it was highly unstable and explained why it needed the pier base.

[Image: Eo2-C36-UUc-AAr-FD0.jpg]

Bonus content:

[Image: Eo4i-Ejt-WEAADymh.jpg][Image: Eo4jxn7-W4-AAji7x.jpg][Image: Eo4i-Ena-WEAUYKZH.jpg]

2 auxiliary blocks are needed to make the old piers the same height as the りったいはしげた.
1 auxiliary block is needed to make the current block pier the same height as the りったいはしげた.
Benkei still could not pass underneath the りったいはしげた properly as the funnel is touching the pier.

I wrote a blog post to summarise today's events: https://vio-plarail.hatenablog.com/entry.../11/012843
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • chrisjo
That is interesting about those orange Piers and how they are even taller than the modern ones. Wonder how any slopes would work with them. I can also see why they are not stable to stand on their own and would really have a hard time if the Layout was on carpet.

I see these yellow things on the back of the box but don't know what it says.

[Image: D51-daittekyo-box.jpg]
I was thinking about the slopes too, but they just don't fit the dimensions especially if the slope rail have legs as they appear to float above the ground.

These are 12 レールおさえ, they are rail connectors that have to be placed on rails that are on top of the piers or below the piers if they want to slope up. If rails are placed on the piers without the connectors, the rails will wobble and slip off the piers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
Thanks Vio. You sure are coming up with interesting things Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • violater