FfarquharDeveloper's TrackMaster Customs

249 Replies, 89223 Views

There he is...thanks Ffar Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
How do you plan to make Fergus from an Emily? I assume the large wheels and rear coupling will be the only parts from her and he will turn out somewhat like this (made by TTN1GWR):

[Image: 3797BD36-369B-49EC-83ED-E369878B8A73.jpeg]

Yours should have the front wheels a bit closer to the smokebox and (of course) a shorter funnel, but that's my prediction. If only there were a good way to power driving wheels in other diameters.
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper, Super
Will be interesting what you come up with for Fergus Ffar
2/24/21 Update

Not much has happened since the last update.

Stanley:
Restoration Job finally finished and he's back on the shelf with the other engines.
[Image: res-stanley1.jpg][Image: res-stanley2.jpg][Image: res-stanley3.jpg][Image: res-stanley4.jpg]

Arthur, Bill, & Ben:
All three of them have had their whistles properly painted up, something I had been pushing off since the last update due to not having the time to paint them (it was very late.)
[Image: whistle-update-arthur.jpg][Image: whistle-update-bill.jpg][Image: whistle-update-ben.jpg]
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 2 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Rejuvenation....excellent! Smile
2/25/21 Update

Fergus:
Fergus had his front wheel moved forward, and was shortened down to size at the front end, his buffer beam was also moved back and refitted to the chassis with Superglue.
[Image: fergus-22521-1.jpg][Image: fergus-22521-2.jpg][Image: fergus-22521-3.jpg][Image: fergus-22521-4.jpg]
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 2 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Fantastic, I am excited to see this custom Fergus progress. Keep up this great work Ffar. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
Looks like you're already "doing it right" at the moment. How difficult was it to rebuild Emily's chassis to suit him?

I didn't recall you having Wooden Railway as well. Are you using the Wooden Fergus for reference only, or will parts from it be used on the custom? If so, I'd rather the whole smokebox be carrried over and not only the face. I'd also suggest you take a battery truck (with a switch) from an old Talking/RC engine, fit a motor (not drive unit) to Fergus and wire him to it so he could be loco driven. Ideally a grey one with stones like the one from early FP Talking Thomas.
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper, Super
@laG rebuilding his chassis wasn't hard, it was just annoying as parts had to be fixed in with glue and held in with tape while the glue dried.

Originally I wanted to do that with the battery truck and motor like Emily, but I don't think I'll go through with that idea since I'm building Fergus' main body almost entirely from scratch for him to be more proportionate and in scale with Thomas. Instead, I'll probably get one of those motorized trucks from Plarail or give a regular plank truck a motor to give Fergus some sort of motive power.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 1 user Likes FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator
Anyways onto the 2/27/21 Update

Fergus:

Fergus' main chassis was basically completed, quite a bit of cut-away plastic was used to help fill in some of the gaps. Additionally, a bit of it was used to fit the front wheel into place correctly so it would be level with his drive wheel.

Front of Fergus:
[Image: fergus-22721-1.jpg]

Rear of Fergus:
A bit of plastic had to be shaved from what was left of the runningboard to allow for clearance on the rear bufferbeam.
[Image: fergus-22721-2.jpg]

Top of Fergus:
[Image: fergus-22721-3.jpg]

Bottom of Fergus:
A proper way to hold the two pieces in together aswell as that front wheel still needs to be worked out, it'll probably be a long screw that goes through once everything is fitted in correctly.
[Image: fergus-22721-4.jpg]

I also would've worked on the Locomotive Driven Emily today, however I'm gonna push her off for another week or two due to other pressing matters at hand right now.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 3 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super, Tharazero1