Big loader

17 Replies, 9121 Views

That looks like a neat set Sunhuntin!

It looks like the new chassis is almost identical to the previous generation ones except that the side where there is no battery is 'sliced' off. My guess is that the old Big Loader shells will work fine with the new chassis but the new shells may not  work with the old chassis .  The photos on your site don't show the underside of the shells so I can't be sure if the 'sliced' off sides allows the shells to sit better on the new chassis.

-plarnold
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2021, 05:40 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 3 users Like plarnold's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, Super
[Image: waving-hi-text-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Hi Plarnold....how you been doing?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
good point, plarnold. next time i get them out, i will take photos of the undersides. if memory serves, other than the "slice" they were identical.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
I am anxious to see the results if the new can work with the old as I am sure that others that have a non-working set will be thrilled to know Smile
I'm trying to source a reasonably priced John deere set so I'll let you know if the new chassis works with the older shells
[-] The following 2 users Like Iain's post:
  • sunhuntin, Super
The John Deer set sounds like its right up your sons alley Iain Smile

Look forward to seeing a test of old and new.
(01-18-2021, 07:52 PM)Iain Wrote: I'm trying to source a reasonably priced John deere set so I'll let you know if the new chassis works with the older shells

Hi, maybe I'm mate but I had the same trouble with our old Big Loader and my grand son ;-) teeth were used on "tires"

first the John Deer chassis works, but all other parts are crap, new plastic is too soft

I have succesfully 3D printed replacement "tires" for the original Big Loader if needed https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5264372
[-] The following 1 user Likes LTH's post:
  • Super
Hello LTH, welcome to BPT's Smile