Somehow i found and bought this

14 Replies, 6301 Views

If you watch Ucwepn’s unboxing of Oliver Super you’ll see what Mr. No’s talking about.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super
Hope Nat (the original Poster) doesn't mind our continuing this discussion.

Thanks Thara...now I see what its about and since I do like to tax my mind to keep it younger...here is my un-educated guess as to what may be causing this with Oliver but not necessarily why other engines might nor derail.

It looks like the drive gear on Olivers rear wheels are on the left side which makes his front wheels pull to the right riding the outside rail it the direction that Uc's video shows. When he meets the Double Crossover there is a change in the rail where the direction 'bumps out' to the outside edge where Oliver is pulling to causing the right wheel to follow that and over the top of the rail. The engines pulling to the right along with that bump out is my guess that are contributing factors to him jumping the rail. Without a closer, live, look I can't tell if the front facing side rods could also be helping it over when it turns into the bump out.

The proof of this may be in testing the same Oliver on the same track but moving in the exact opposite direction where his front wheels would be pulling to the right 'inside' rail instead of the outside.

So, a question for Mr No: Does Oliver derail at the same place going in either direction, or just when he is 'pulling' the outside, (right) rail?

[Image: Untiu7led.jpg]

[Image: Untiotu7led.jpg]

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • bijomaru78, Tharazero1
My Oliver has problems with this right turn:

[Image: IMG-20210122-182114.jpg]

...but also with this left turn:

[Image: IMG-20210122-182249.jpg]

For some reason he doesn't like turning left on this single switch neither:

[Image: IMG-20210122-182647.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Hmmm...I wonder if Oliver could benefit from some added weight in the front?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
That's a good idea, Super!  Idea
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super