All Engines Go NEWS

550 Replies, 191643 Views

Yes as usual I find myself not interested in the show but more interested in the toy line, although much less so this time I will probably grab an example of interesting ones for the collection.

Its funny with what a disaster and simplification that Trackmaster 2 was that it will now be more desirable and sought after. The last ones I bought were Thomas with Annie and Clarabel, before that it was the chrome special editions.

I am quite out of the loop with the motorized range and all the stores here are shut due to you know what. So toy hunting is near impossible except online and those stores will only ship a random train, so there is no chance to choose what you will get, it is like that with all toys including action figures and diecast vehicles. They say we will be the state with the worlds longest lockdown soon, it is coming up to 250 days as I type this.

Be safe everyone!
[-] The following 6 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, Mister No, MuddyPoppins, sunhuntin, Super, TrainsRawesome
Good to see you Ucwepn. Hope you are doing Okay and are staying out of trouble. Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I can say this. My life-long train fan and still major Thomas fan 9 year old son is pretty hurt and angry over the direction Mattel has take this franchise. We’re done buying Thomas stuff once this new stuff hits retail. The previews of the reboot I’ve seen are awful, utterly bland and charmless. Maybe folks will love it and a whole new fandom will arise but it’s got the stink of miserable desperation all over it as far as I’m concerned. None of the merchandise will be coming home here at Casa OTR.
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • Mister No, Super
@OffTheRails, I don't think the reboot is Bland, I just find it  sad. Sad that such a beautiful and simple and charming show got dumbed down into another worthless baby show. We have no hope for he franchise but for it to just end, unless it suddenly, unexpectedly improves drastically.
Train it, plane it, you name it!
WOW!!! [Image: woohoo-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Both OTR AND Ucwepn Posting within hours....things are looking up in the world. [Image: nodding-yes-by-a-very-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, Mister No
(09-18-2021, 10:56 PM)Ucwepn Wrote: Yes as usual I find myself not interested in the show but more interested in the toy line, although much less so this time I will probably grab an example of interesting ones for the collection.

Its funny with what a disaster and simplification that Trackmaster 2 was that it will now be more desirable and sought after. The last ones I bought were Thomas with Annie and Clarabel, before that it was the chrome special editions.

I am quite out of the loop with the motorized range and all the stores here are shut due to you know what. So toy hunting is near impossible except online and those stores will only ship a random train, so there is no chance to choose what you will get, it is like that with all toys including action figures and diecast vehicles. They say we will be the state with the worlds longest lockdown soon, it is coming up to 250 days as I type this.

Be safe everyone!

Have you thought about doing reviews on the updated Plarail CGI versions of Thomas, Edward, Henry and Percy as well as new additions like Rebecca or Nia? I heard you stopped doing Trackmaster reviews because of the redesigns but it doesn't mean you need to stop reviewing Plarail items.
(09-19-2021, 11:21 PM)ThomasSirHandel Wrote:
(09-18-2021, 10:56 PM)Ucwepn Wrote: Yes as usual I find myself not interested in the show but more interested in the toy line, although much less so this time I will probably grab an example of interesting ones for the collection.

Be safe everyone!

Have you thought about doing reviews on the updated Plarail CGI versions of Thomas, Edward, Henry and Percy as well as new additions like Rebecca or Nia? I heard you stopped doing Trackmaster reviews because of the redesigns but it doesn't mean you need to stop reviewing Plarail items.

finances and availability will have a lot to do with it. plarail is a lot harder to find in australia and new zealand, and generally needs to be imported. the last brand new train i imported from hobbysearch, which was the minions re-release, cost me almost $100NZD, an insane amount for a 3pc set.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
that expensive huh. If I am not desperate, I wait for better exchange rate before committing.  I try to keep my purchases under 100 dollars Canadian dollars to avoid paying addition fee for import duties.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
"gentlemen" - spy

it would appear that thomas motorized egg james was revealed and has a different chassis (with rear wheels for printing built in presumably for characters like gordon, hiro, and henry. thomas and percy have a different chassis from james meaning that the one chassis fits all thing has come to an end
[Image: egg-motorized-james.jpg]

[Image: eggjam.jpg][Image: eggper.jpg][Image: eggtom.jpg]
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 1 user Likes FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator
Wonder why they revealed James next instead of Nia, Diesel or Gordon? 

Still guessing we are just getting the main core cast for the reboot in the motorized range. If this was a default replacement I feel like we would have much more characters revealed like the new Wooden Railway and they would all be released on the same day rather than a month apart.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThomasSirHandel's post:
  • DalaGStanator