Thomas Nendoroid

8 Replies, 7697 Views

https://twitter.com/GoodSmile_US/status/...1891517443
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dillon_Trinh's post:
  • DalaGStanator
Cute!

...and don't just take my word for it. From Wikipedia:

"The Nendoroid (ねんどろいど, Nendoroido) series is a brand of plastic figures created by the Japanese Good Smile Company in 2006. They typically depict characters from anime, manga or video games and are designed with a large head and smaller body to give them a cute appearance."
is Thomas (a steam engine) really supposed to be "cute?" Sad
I mean people hate season 25 and that is also trying to make Thomas "cute"
but everybody seems to like this model? I guess I'm just missing something Big Grin
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • DalaGStanator
Looks like just a white painted Mini or Capsule Thomas to me.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
It's still a prototype, which is why it's unpainted, but everyone freaked out about it since Japan makes almost everything cool nowadays that's Thomas such as the Coolprops replicas, Diapet, Plarail, and Capsule Plarail. Compared to what we got around a decade ago with a variety of Characters in the United States AND Japan between 2006-2011
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 2 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Update: an image of the painted Nendoroid has now surfaced (found on the TTTE Wikia Discussions).

[Image: 65290044-cb9e-4446-8935-b770c6b4f657]
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
More pics; different faces, movable eyes + troublesome truck:

[Image: sub2_ezkzyVHbS972OhDxL0BZHP5HsAANaz5d.jpg]
[Image: sub6_m1iB8tnC9s13hZsZhezvYbOqLEYt7t7V.jpg][Image: sub4_kcLstUd8TM-duqDxcFSp1EB9EI5aH8aq.jpg][Image: sub5__CD_7UkzPFT7EGFiEeJ2CNfaqQ7OgC8F.jpg][Image: sub7_TS77AXoB2Hm9ICPh5hJl3i0S33WPjH_-.jpg]

[Image: sub3_fFxbU2aBSKKPS_GmT-g2Xd73urV-P8CN.jpg][Image: sub1_2_BU01CLhY7yfYqQLbFZjPssPmp1Dh9b.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Wonderful. I should've known he would be like previous Nendoroids in terms of what can be done with him. Now that I know he has interchangeable faces, it makes me wonder how big they are and what other ranges they might fit on (Departing Now, perhaps?). My only gripe is they include part of the smokebox trim, and the eyes are not built into them. I didn't expect a truck to go with him, so that's a welcome surprise.

When the day comes that Mattel will (finally) admit defeat, we might potentially see more of the excellent Japanese products (if not something comparable) in our own stores.
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Here is a nice Thomas Nendoroid unboxing video. Looks really neat! Very nicely detailed, great idea of manual setting the position of the eyes, and an interesting way to couple the Troublesome Truck! Too bad the wheels don't move... Confused

The box looks cool:

[Image: 10769983p.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super