Plarail Kenji Set is not Popular?

13 Replies, 4990 Views

Undecided Hi just notice this in Hobby Search it seems that the Plarail Kenji and Thomas Catch and Run set not that Popular as the Reservation is still available. Anyone here Pre-Ordered the Set or Not Plan to get it?

Thomas & Friends Kenji and Thomas Tag Set (Plarail) - HobbySearch Toy Store (1999.co.jp)
[Image: qDEOa9a.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes nwrthomas25's post:
  • Mister No
No wonder. People who want that special Thomas will get him another way (eBay, auctions, etc.) ... and what's left of the set? Some tracks, a crappy station and a pullback Kenji with "ugly white thing" on his backside. Moreover, since Kenji is a Shinkansen, I can't imagine Tomy won't release it as a regular train. Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
Not me, you don't get much for the cost....now if they would have made the rocket car light up.....that might make a difference.

Whats special about this Thomas Mr No...I must have forgot!
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I won't get it. There are better things to buy in my opinion. I think this set might actually end up like Thumper: it did not sell well, got quickly discontinued and then collectors will have fierce bidding wars over quite a pathetic set.
Train it, plane it, you name it!
Unfortunately I will be getting one, but not until Amazon.jp opens up to the US
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • DuckGWR
Does the Thomas have a new face Muddy?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
No Super, nothing special about the face, but it does have a puffy smoke decal variation on the sides.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
Ah...I see now, the side stickers have some sparky looks to it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Has anyone realised that this is literally a thomas and the jet engine, but a significant downgrade. Plarail is following Mattel's footsteps.
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 2 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Yes, but they do still have higher standards in quality of materials, rubber traction tires, and run on Tomy track.
It is just the condition of the world these days.
There is no alternative choice.
Maybe all those Chinese counterfeits will end up being the superior quality product someday sooner than we think.
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Mister No, Super