Help Compiling a List of the Thomas Motorized Vehicles

8 Replies, 3778 Views

Since I don't collect the Motorized Thomas & Friends vehicles, I am looking for help in compiling a List for an Annex to the "How Many Motorized Road Vehicles Are There?"  Thread for those motorized characters.

Would need pictures and a bit of info on each one like year, who made it and possibly the box. Shouldn't be too long of a List as I don't think there were that many but I could be wrong.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
There were much less Thomas ones than the "generic" TOMY/Motor/B/O Tomica ranges. If this should follow the exact same format as the existing list, should we use more than one SKU, date and company for each entry? Most HiT Toys re-releases retained the same designs as the TOMY versions (without changes), so I don't know how to refer to them. I'm going by the earliest years on the Thomas Motorized Wikia, which don't necessarily refer to separate releases.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
this list should narrow down

Category:Road vehicles | Thomas Motorized Wiki | Fandom
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
The Link does have nice info but I don't know which are motorized and except for the boxes, some of the photos look to be stock. Aren't there others that may have come in big sets like Terrence with the front loader?
  • DalaGStanator
Motorized & released outside Japan:

Bertie (2 red versions & the green one), Bulgy (2 versions), Caroline, Elizabeth, Jack, Kevin, LOR1, Madge, Ned, Terence (2 versions, HiT & ex Thomas & Terence Deluxe Action Set, with shovel).

I'm sure we can soon get together original photos of all these between us (I don't have any rare ones myself), perhaps we could standardize formats if you tell us what you'd like by putting examples from the motorized vehicle thread here, or links to them?
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
I didn't think it necessary to get to much into details but I do like the brevity of how the vehicles are shown in the How Many Motorized Road Vehicles Are There?  Thread. I would rather have a picture from members than the stock photos. More or less just a List of what characters are motorized out there like the other List. Although If someone does want to do an extensive List with multiple photos and detailed explanations I will be glad to help them and Stick it as an 'Important' Thread at the top of a Forum. Not sure which Forum that would be especially if some are produced by both Trackmaster and Tomy.
  • DalaGStanator
Fred Pelhay made two Google Docs with a simple list of release years and SKUs both for Plarail Thomas and overseas Tomica World/Thomas Motor Road and Rail.

I hope the wiki can be of some use but feel free to ask about something. Each of the pages indicate which items are motorized by mentioning battery info. We try and categorize items that get sold in larger things as "components". I am not a fan of writing about them. The variants section on some pages also list these kinds of items too, like the motorized Terence from Thomas and Terence Deluxe Action Set.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jdogman's post:
  • DalaGStanator
this should be fun!

TOMY
Bertie
Bulgy
Green Bulgy
Lorry 1 
Jeremy 
Elizabeth
Terence (with shovel)

HiT 
Jack
Ned
Alfie 
Terence
Bertie (TOMY re-tooling)
Green Bulgy (TOMY re-tooling)
Elizabeth (TOMY re-tooling)
Terence 
Caroline 
Madge
Kevin
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 2 users Like Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Thanks Jdogman.

Since your Wiki is so detailed with pictures, boxes and years I think I am going to scrap the Idea for here and just refer to that page of Wiki since it is so much better than what I could do. I think our Plarail/Tomica/Tomy Motorized Thread is one of the, if not thee best, compilation of all those motorized vehicles Online. LOL, I might be a tad prejudiced there Big Grin
  • DalaGStanator