This is an Amazing Hole in the Wall.

6 Replies, 4099 Views

So cool!

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, Mister No, Tharazero1
Very nice. These are the Hyakueda Tunnel and the Hyakueda Iron Bridge on JR Kyushu's Hoki Main Line between Miemachi and Bungo-Kiyokawa stations, where it crosses the Okudake River.

I had hoped to find a picture of Aso Boy! going over it, but it seems that service normally terminates at Miyaji in the Aso Caldera, shortly before the line reaches this section.

Edit: But not always!!!
[Image: Df4xeybVAAUos4A.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Thanks Dr Chris

An amazing human engineering feat. I don't recognize that train...is it an Emperors train? Wonder why we haven't seen a Plarail version?

BTW: I can't see the photo
I don't recognise the train in the second video either. More research needed!

Aso Boy! photo link is https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Df4xeybVAAUos4A.jpg

UPDATE:
Seven Stars Cruise Train

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2021, 11:53 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Ah...that is a beautiful picture of the ASO Boy and the tunnel, so awesome. Thanks Dr Chris Smile

That Seven Star train is really cool. I imagine that rear observation car is for special guests. The woodwork is elegant. Wow...this train was launched in 2013 and no Plarail model???

Plarail...why don't you have this Seven Stars Cruise Train in production yet??? I can see a 6 unit release much like the new Mizukaze Twilight Express or the DX Series Cruise Train Suite...come on Plarail...are you listening?
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, Mister No
Cab view...into the Hole in the Wall.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • chrisjo
track maintenance will be quite difficult given there are not a lot of room to work with.  You also hope the train doesn't derail otherwise it will be catastrophic disaster.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super