Giant Thomas funnel (tomica world #7404)

3 Replies, 2278 Views

Hello, I need some help.
Does anyone know the measures of the Giant Thomas' funnel?
[Image: tomy-tomica-giant-thomas-tunnel-set-1-d4...0356a3.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes thetomyremaker's post:
  • Super
I don't have one myself but looking around I see the dilemma. Looks like moving the stack turns Thomas's eyes. The stack must come off easily and lost as by the looks of a lot of Listings his stack is missing. Sounds like you need the measurements to 3D print one right?

BTW: Welcome to BPT's
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I modeled one last year, the file is available free to download and print on Thingiverse
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4565751

Sand it a bit after printing to remove the layer lines and round the corners a bit. I think it's just a hair short as well, but it clips into the tabs on Thomas without cracking through several connects/disconnects

[Image: Screenshot-20210415-230409.jpg]

If you just want the measurements you should be able to use the measure function of your preferred CAD package on the file, or I have some originals I can remeasure next time I am home.

For the sake of some mostly meaningless statistics, 2/5 of my Thomases have the funnel, 1/5 have all buffer doors, 2/5 are missing one buffer door, and 2/5 are missing all the buffer doors.
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 2 users Like DuckGWR's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Excellent work, I think this is going to help all those who have missing stacks for this Giant Thomas. Thanks for helping Duck Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]