Peculiar Plarail Percy

6 Replies, 3445 Views

In my recent purchase from Jauce I received this Plarail Percy, I noticed his face looks a little off from the normal one, for starters its painted and has a rim around it, the eyes also appear to be looking up slightly and I couldn't seem to find this variation when I googled to find it, anyone know what version of the Plarail Percy he is? Or if he came in a set, what set he belongs too?
[Image: image0-6.jpg]

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cddLo...G2N8VDiTvA 
[Image: 795436713421701122.png?v=1]
[-] The following 2 users Like TheDiamondDalek's post:
  • Destination Realization, Super
I always thought that the trains with the "rim" (flange) around the faces where the originals or one of the first versions but I am sure one of our Thomas experts knows the answer.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Percy did not receive an updated separately molded face until the mid 2000s, not 2003 with the other engines. The painted face, white running board Percy was the standard Plarail Percy from 2003 through at least 2006, as far as I know it was finally switched when they ended production for the US.
I believe every US Percy has a painted face as well, although Tomy's additional time in the UK and Australia means you can find plastic face ones there. I have an Australian plastic face Percy from 2008
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DuckGWR's post:
  • Super
Yes, it’s a first generation Tomy Percy, with the flanged white painted face.
It looks like you have a rare “wonky” eyed version.
Sometimes they just don’t come out right, and the eyes end up wonky.
It definitely changes his expression too.Smile
Very nice.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super, TheDiamondDalek
Lucky surprise for you Dalek. Thanks Muddy and Duck Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
@MuddyPoppins its rare you say? That's awesome! I didn't see that coming! Odd how when I was searching I never found this particular percy, guess I didn't look far enough and thanks Duck for the info!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cddLo...G2N8VDiTvA 
[Image: 795436713421701122.png?v=1]
Ok, so what I can gather, along with what muddy said happened in the factory, I could be why the Percy has the green white and white green, RARE 🤑🤑
With a Bit of inspiration, you can travel anywhere!!! Smile (CEC Destination Imagination, Aug 1995)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Destination Realization's post:
  • MuddyPoppins