Strange bootleg 'Plarail' on Aliexpress

5 Replies, 4224 Views

[Image: image.png]

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002003888114.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.8ff773605z8eHP&algo_pvid=67f652b7-fc9c-46cc-a81b-b5d50274d814&algo_expid=67f652b7-fc9c-46cc-a81b-b5d50274d814-57&btsid=0b0a187b16209366954761768e7ed9&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Say hello to the 'Sushi Train' xD

Found this while perusing Aliexpress for some Plarail accessories, and yeah, i'm fairly sure this isn't something Tomy have any involvement with lol  Big Grin

I suppose this is meant to be like a home version of those 'conveyor sushi' chains like Yo Sushi! here in the UK, and they decided to achieve that with knockoff Plarail and a seemingly unique 'Plarail' scaled model of the Chinese 'CRH' bullet trains [which if I recall were themselves either copied heavily from the E2 Series Shinkansen blueprints, or built from the E2 by Kawasaki HI?]

Anyway, thought i'd post it here because it made me chuckle, certainly a bit unusual that's for sure  Wink
Been building Plarail worlds since 2001; Building when I can in 2023 Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes Plarail Man UK's post:
  • DalaGStanator
This looks a bit like the 'Dumica' Trains.
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Plarail Man UK

Complete sets too, for those who like a mix of generic steam, off-brand Thomas, and more Chinese bullet trains Tongue

At that kind of cost you could import a new Plarail set, or get a serious amount of secondhand Plarail/Tomica World gear on Ebay UK, better quality and much more likely to last - Of that entire set, I think the only bit of interest is the grey 'electric suspension bridge' they mention. Another set even has a pseudo-Tomy box that seems to mix-and-match design elements from Thomas Motor Road and Rail and Tomica World, with the Tomica World logo making an appearance, now reading 'South Ward'  Big Grin

(05-13-2021, 08:25 PM)GreatGordonFan Wrote: This looks a bit like the 'Dumica' Trains.

Oh yeah, I remember reading about those on here!

Maybe this is where they got their track supplies from? I always assumed Dumica [although a Polish brand] was probably being supplied from China, probably with straight-up bootleg Tomy track, so yeah, that makes sense in a way  Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2021, 09:36 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Plarail Man UK's post:
  • DalaGStanator
I believe you can buy that grey bridge you are talking about on Aliexpress.  I believe Super has one.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32324381289.html
[-] The following 2 users Like AOF04's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Plarail Man UK

'Toy Xu Baby' appears to be the brand on this store [and presumably the manufacturer also], but yeah, not even Tomica Town is safe from the bootleggers [I imagine this could be useful as a supply for blank Tomica Town buildings that could be customised though, so maybe there's a benefit after all Tongue]

(05-13-2021, 08:37 PM)AOF04 Wrote: I believe you can buy that grey bridge you are talking about on Aliexpress.  I believe Super has one.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32324381289.html

OK, now I might have to pick one up, for 'research' purposes Tongue

All bets are off as to what the sounds are, I'd be willing to bet either generic steam train noises, crossing bells or any of these...

Personally, I'd totally be in favour of a 'Tomy' bridge that plays Butterfly from DDR on a loop whenever a train passes, totally giving away the fact i'm a bit of a DDR dancemat maniac Cool

OK this one really cracked me up  Big Grin

Ever wanted to see what Mk1 Trackmaster would have looked like if Tomy had kept making it to Plarail standards? Wonder no more, you too can now own the Plarail Trackmaster hybrid that nobody asked for, and probably even fewer need Tongue

Whoever decided this combo should exist should at least get a nod for creativity, why just make bootleg Plarail tracks when you can make bootleg Trackmaster and disguise it as Plarail  Big Grin Big Grin

Plarail meets Duplo - Interesting combo, reminiscent of the old Tomy Trains and Plarail accessories when they contained 'Lego stud' connectors

Well, I can't find any more Plarail bootlegs today, so i'll leave it with this, a bullet train that transforms into a robot, because of course it does.

You know what I'm calling it, even if it's an awful pun?

'Trainsformers - Bootlegs in disguise'

Ah well, time to order that electric bridge lmao
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2021, 09:46 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Plarail Man UK's post:
  • DalaGStanator, GreatGordonFan
(05-13-2021, 08:37 PM)Plarail Man UK Wrote: You know what I'm calling it, even if it's an awful pun?

'Trainsformers - Bootlegs in disguise'

Nice TF Robots in Disguise pun mate Wink
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Plarail Man UK