Rarest TrackMaster Trains

72 Replies, 30404 Views

@Thara Here’s what Muddy said regarding the Spooky Stanley:
“She had 3 bnib.
It was a larger sized box set that came with a small loop of glow in the dark track.
She cancelled my order because she was going on vacation for a month.
I told her that I would wait until she got back, but refunded my money anyway.
She was awful.
I don’t have any images saved (except in me gulliver), and my eBay purchase history does not go back that far.
My only guess on why it was cancelled is that the finished version was rejected by Target as an exclusive by their product review board, and deemed too “spooky” and scary for ages 3+ range.”

There is a photo of the Slippy Sodor Thomas in its box (the same as the main version) and I know of three others besides that one. The situation seems similar to the black wheel rim Buster.
[Image: 453-CDB65-C86-E-4-CD5-B930-795-EFF8-B33-BB.jpg]
[Image: A2117411-66-A9-4703-A095-B2-F0577565-F7.jpg] [Image: 954371-E0-0-B0-A-46-ED-AC88-864693-FB781-A.jpg]
[Image: BBFB37-E8-C19-C-483-B-A6-E8-5-F13-B17118-F5.jpg]

I definitely see your logic. For now we can keep them off the list and maybe add them later if we find more evidence.

@GGF Wow, that’s awesome! I take it back, there may be some FF Percys out there after all. Now to find the actual faces...
plarail for life
The reason why the flip face percy was cancelled is unknown, although some speculate it may have contained lead paint as it was 'recalled'. I'm not sure where the recall information came from though..
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • TrainsRawesome
That doesn't make any sense, HiT Toy Company never had any recalls and why would they avoid releasing it altogether if the prototype model had lead paint?
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2021, 09:40 AM by Super.)
@Fred_Pelhay, I don't understand this theory either. Maybe some people got confused with the statement that  'people recalled seeing him in stores ' with 'he was recalled from stores'.

It was possibly just a miscommunication.
That sounds a lot more plausible.
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2022, 10:52 AM by Super.)
@Fred I believe Muddy said that was on the Trackmaster Wiki at some point. My guess is that someone brought that up as a theory and over time it spread (as rumors do) to become accepted by many as fact. The Wooden Railway “Lead Paint Crisis” did occur around that time, so people probably assumed that extended to Trackmaster too.
plarail for life
Cancelled items are all very vague in every way
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Yeah, like I said before: people probably got confused with the 2 statements.
(06-09-2021, 01:42 PM)TrainsRawesome Wrote: - Black Wheel Rim Buster

what the heck is a black wheel rim buster
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2021, 10:05 PM by Super.)
https://blueplastictracks.com/showthread.php?tid=4450&
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2021, 10:05 PM by Super.)