DalaGStanator's Customs, Mods and Experiments

170 Replies, 76319 Views

[Image: 004.jpg][Image: 005.jpg][Image: 006.jpg][Image: 007.jpg]

I've done some long awaited adjustments to Spenry, mainly giving him his own smokebox with proper supports and a more accurate funnel. Now he no longer has to share it with the working (Fisher Price) Edward, and it's also glued to the boiler and running board. Admittedly, it did turn out slightly too long at the front. I transferred the face cast and gave it a repaint due to the faded gloss. Everything else went 98% unchanged. I chose to ignore the tender wheels being black, in part because I still want the option to revert him to Spencer with ease.

[Image: 008.jpg][Image: 009.jpg][Image: 010.jpg]

Naturally, this meant I also made a new cast for Edward after returning the smokebox to him. Apart from the eye direction, I recreated the TOMY features as accurately as I could. Have to say it turned out brilliant compared to the paper face and failed tracing from earlier. I might have to find an alternative to the gloss to prevent/reduce fading wherever applied.
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super

Messages In This Thread
RE: DalaGStanator's Customs, Mods and Experiments - by DalaGStanator - 06-26-2021, 09:05 PM