DalaGStanator's Customs, Mods and Experiments

171 Replies, 76332 Views

[Image: 359-B8984-8-A0-E-451-E-8-CAC-8-E47-D0-E8-CB63.jpg]

Just like with Jack, work on the new Alfie has commenced. Unlike the first version (left), the top is finally able to rotate. Now that the whole model is smaller by a few millimetres, the old arm should be more proportionate. He will have a somewhat lighter shade of green since he no longer has to match the Mighty Wheels telehandler. His wheels are from a cheap pull back pickup truck (whose motor and axles were rusty). I initially wanted to use those from a pull back dump truck/mobile crane I had, but they were too small and might be used if I make Ned. Shame their rims couldn't fit in these tyres very well, because the star shaped ones really don't fit him. I'll probably fill them in using clay or glue or just cover them. The arm will also be held properly and not hastily glued on. Very eager to start building the top, and I hope he will turn out as great looking as Jack.

Edit:

[Image: 8-CC13499-4232-4-CD6-BB67-F695-AB3-F7-DD0.jpg][Image: DEAA8644-40-E0-4902-9-C7-E-D0-BF21-D0825-D.jpg][Image: 6-A2-D5-D07-47-FB-478-B-9-BCE-E8-F86-AD640-BA.jpg]

Main body finished and primed, with certain detail to be added after painting. In terms of looks, my wish above was definitely granted. I'd say the most difficult part was to attach the arm, because it has pegs rather than holes. The previous green paint was (mostly) removed before priming, and glue was applied to the pegs to prevent it from falling out. Before the body was built, the rims were filled in with clay. It may not be easy to tell on camera, but the top wasn't perfectly built and makes him unbalanced. Face will be a modified cast of Mega Bloks Toby's. Apart from the stability issue, I got the exact result I was going for.
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super

Messages In This Thread
RE: DalaGStanator's Customs, Mods and Experiments - by DalaGStanator - 08-19-2021, 09:12 PM