DalaGStanator's Customs, Mods and Experiments

170 Replies, 76298 Views

[Image: 9-B9-ECF96-634-C-4-D88-BDED-CD552-E14-E962.jpg][Image: F60-E6396-59-F0-476-A-AA33-D14114-DD9520.jpg]

Made a second attempt at building a prototype Duncan for the Junior Train wind up loco chassis. I didn't like the first version one bit, so it was never documented. He is now much more accurate, thanks to the rear overhang like he actually has. Before trying to build a new top, I redid some of the donor's detail and added a cardboard bufferbeam where the cowcatcher used to be. I initially wanted to build Rheneas, but the wheelbase was too short for him and more similar to Duncan's (or Skarloey/Sir Handel/Peter Sam's driving wheels). My previous running board designs somehow caused the chassis to run in circles, even though nothing was (visibly) blocking the motor. To rectify this, the running board is now wider. He does still get stuck with it, though it helped make him run straight. Like on the first version, the face is a cast of Take Along Fergus' (the closest face to the narrow gauge engines' in my collection). The funnel and rear dome were originally a small lead container for an old compass, the dome being its cap. He is currently painted in an incorrect shade of yellow, to be replaced with a mixture of yellow and brown or similar. In spite of the running issues, I like the result a whole lot better. If I had six Junior Train locos, I would've simply reshaped the original tops instead of (fully) removing them. That way, the wheels wouldn't pop out and perfect running would be guaranteed.
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super

Messages In This Thread
RE: DalaGStanator's Customs, Mods and Experiments - by DalaGStanator - 09-21-2021, 10:20 PM