DalaGStanator's Customs, Mods and Experiments

172 Replies, 76460 Views

[Image: FABC87-B8-686-C-4-BB4-B69-E-B9-EE0-B99-F0-A6.jpg]

Sure enough, I tried using the 3D pen to replicate basic Plarail components. My initial tracing attempts were by rubbing (placing the actual parts under a piece of parchment/A4 paper and rubbing a crayon/pencil on top), only to find it impractical and not very effective. To make a more useful template, I lined up the parts under the printer to scan them. The hook coupling's hinges prevented it from being scanned, so it had to be traced onto the paper after making a hole to insert it. After that, a piece of a clear sheet was taped over to ensure the filament won't stick. My only successful tracing from the parchment templates was the top coupling rod (slightly darker due to the black crayon behind it). I'm very pleased with the hook (barely distinguishable save for the other side) and the coupling rods, but not with the eye and the wheel (both out of shape). I'll have to find better techniques/methods for those. If not just more filament, the hinges and pins will likely use toothpicks or cotton bud handles and skewers respectively. Very happy to see it worked out how I imagined.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • generic_truck_69420

Messages In This Thread
RE: DalaGStanator's Customs, Mods and Experiments - by DalaGStanator - 12-15-2021, 08:03 PM