DalaGStanator's Customs, Mods and Experiments

172 Replies, 76467 Views

[Image: 05-CB2-B72-586-F-4-F98-BD39-2305446-D42-ED.jpg]

Test fit on the track. The current rear wheels were originally made up of two halves (with grooves for traction tyres between them), meaning the other halves happen to have tiny flanges. However, I only have four of those halves (two yellow, two red) and three textured ones (one red) that aren't really much use, so the tender might have to use both types. The Union Express wheelsets follow the curves in a somewhat awkward way, in that the wheels themselves do not tilt unlike Plarail or TrackMaster ones. That leads to the rolling stock "falling" into the track on one side while the other stays on the other rail (which is technically true to life but too easily noticed). It may force me to turn the rear axle into a pony truck, something I wouldn't like to do with Rocket. I found one of the problems was the traction tyres on the drivers covered the flanges and made it difficult to grip the rails. My current solution was to remove one to let the other wheel grip normally, and it seems to be doing the job. I have a loose wheelset from the missing black tender/truck and might try using it for the rear. I shall see how it goes.
[-] The following 3 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, mitzalplik, Therealblack64YT

Messages In This Thread
RE: DalaGStanator's Customs, Mods and Experiments - by DalaGStanator - 01-07-2022, 12:22 PM