DalaGStanator's Customs, Mods and Experiments

170 Replies, 76301 Views

[Image: 044-CBAB8-3-C27-45-B9-9-FDE-B3699-E3-E0-A92.jpg][Image: 7666-C972-C9-D3-49-DC-8-DC5-FB1-C99-BDED79.jpg][Image: A0936180-1834-4273-8-D19-A15-DB6-B1-FC2-C.jpg]

So, regarding my Rocket on TOMY or TrackMaster track: the loco's rear wheels fit without any issues and even the drivers are nearly thin enough (to my surprise); but, the tender (as mentioned) is too narrow and has to lean to one side due to the inner rails. Then again, the track it was made for doesn't have them. The drivers are still too wide for points/platforms/other accessories and likely wouldn't clear them. I plan to replace them with thinner new ones, which would no longer fit on the UE track's outer rails. While it won't reduce the chances of disengagement, it will be more cross compatible and look better.

Edit:

[Image: 5-A64-BF99-2-E4-F-43-F4-9945-1-CE4-C6-ECDDD3.jpg]

The new driving wheels are four plastic bubbles (two for each one) from an old style button battery card, which happen to have premade holes. They already seem more accurate than the irrigation drippers. I had to mount them on bits of a clear tube since I cut the axle too short for them. The spokes are planned to be toothpicks, and there will actually be twelve of them as opposed to eight. I just have to figure out the traction tyres for them due to how deep and wide the grooves are, and in part because they can't roll freely. In the event they won't reach the rails on TOMY/TM track (like the tender ones), I could try moving them out slightly if needed. I was also no longer happy with the crude looking cardboard funnel, so it was taken off and replaced with a (slightly taller) real metal one - a tube from a telescopic pen, which gave me a far cleaner result. Despite my efforts to realign the chassis, the friction motor still rises away from it.
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, mitzalplik

Messages In This Thread
RE: DalaGStanator's Customs, Mods and Experiments - by DalaGStanator - 01-20-2022, 05:01 PM