Is this gold thomas a custom?

6 Replies, 2821 Views

So whilst browsing the ttte wiki through the merchandise section, and found this image. It was listed as "motor road and rail gold thomas". It has the gold ribon at the front end, just like some other metallic plarail thomas. I think this thomas here may be a custom and it being on the wiki is just a mistake. Just want confirmation.
[Image: Motor-Road-And-Rail-Gold-Thomas.jpg]
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Super
Yes, it is definitely a custom. I believe it was made by BPT member mod thana and appears to be repainted from the 25th Anniversary shiny Thomas. It’s quite stunning though, I’d say it rivals the actual in terms of looks, and I love that the wheels are actually gold as well!
plarail for life
[-] The following 2 users Like TrainsRawesome's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, Super
I think it's a custom.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CooingSlinky11's post:
  • Super
Oh...yes, this is one of two special customs by member mod thana. They also have a beautiful Silver mod also with a silver Annie and Clarabel. I believe they had a friend that could do special plating on plastic and they came out looking like metal. You can see a few pictures in a Post HERE

The picture you show above is actually the Forum Avatar that mod thana uses here at BPT's.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, TrainsRawesome
I have to say, that custom is beautiful
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 2 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Super, TrainsRawesome
Yeah, that custom actually looks really cool!
[-] The following 1 user Likes CooingSlinky11's post:
  • Super
I agree. I sure wish I knew someone that had the technology or machinery to plate plastic like that as I would love to be able to create special parts to custom trains and/or scenery pieces. I wonder how durable that plating is...does it flake like paint or bond so well that it adheres perfectly.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • CooingSlinky11, GreatGordonFan