New Hornby Range aimed at Plarail Customers?

7 Replies, 5944 Views

I just had a mailshot about the new Hornby range called 'Playtrains' that features plastic "click together" tracks, 'character' battery powered trains consisting of 3 units and remote control giving 3 speeds in each direction, working lights and multiple sounds.  All at fairly reasonable prices, the starter set carrying an RRP of £54.99 and then add-on 'Train Packs', 'Wagon Packs', 'Track Packs' etc...

Here's a link to the system 'portal'...  Hornby Playtrains
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Didn't Lionel had something similar in the past as well?
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
We had a little bit of a discussion about these before.....then we got sidetracked.

https://blueplastictracks.com/showthread.php?tid=4354
Pandemics have that effect, I only posted about it as the range has been finally launched and is now available... Smile
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2021, 06:22 AM by Super.)
  • Super
Thanks Nigels

Wonder if small hands will have trouble getting those small wheels aligned on those rails?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Who can tell, but what makes you think it will be small hands anyway??  Not as if most people here are small handed lol!!
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2021, 10:38 AM by Super.)
  • Super
(08-07-2021, 10:19 PM)Nigels Wrote:  what makes you think it will be small hands anyway?? 

LOL...the 3+ on the Banner shown on their Web page Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I think kids won't have too much trouble with these tracks. After all, all cars have only 4 wheels (no bogies; with them - 8 wheels - would be a bit complicated for the little ones)... But I don't like the cardboard tunnel and platforms that come with the set... looks cheap.
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super