Trafford Park Railway

31 Replies, 14449 Views

UNFINISHED MAP Still working on the map. Here is a sneak peak
[Image: Trafford-Park-Railway.png]
This is taking me a long time as I have lots of school work and this isn't as easy as it seems
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 2 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Thats looking awesome GG-Fan and don't worry about the time...we can wait.  I am not much of an expert but it would be neat if like, the shunting yards are clickable ans a picture would pop up (if available) of the yard as it once was and/or what the site looks like now. Don't know if thats an easy task or not though. What you have so far is great. Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • GreatGordonFan
@Super, That would be awesome. I'd love to do that, though I don't think I have the programs for it at my disposal.

Also, I'm planning to plot some points of interest on the map, such as the moorings road level crossing
  • chrisjo, Super
Importand Update:
I have found a program called my maps on google, and I will redo my map on it as there I can add images to points for everyone to see.
  • chrisjo, Super
Cool!
(10-02-2021, 05:45 AM)GreatGordonFan Wrote: Importand Update:
I have found a program called my maps on google, and I will redo my map on it as there I can add images to points for everyone to see.

Cool! Can't wait to see the updated map. Big Grin
Hello Pop, welcome to BPT's Smile
My map has not seen much development recently, but don't worry, it's certainly not cancelled.
I just rarely find time to work on it and locating spots isn't always an easy task.

Remember, my map will mostly only feature lines from the 80s-90s as there are many others that closed years before that and have no traces due to the mass rebuilding in the Trafford Park area, however I will try to do whatever I can.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Super
You might want to take a look at the map of the Trafford Park Railway on OpenRailwayMap - an absolutely awesome project started 10 years ago that maps every railway line in the world, past and present, in some cases down to every switch, signal, milestone and siding.

[Image: image.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2023, 11:37 AM by chrisjo.)
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, GreatGordonFan, Super
Wow...that looks like so much work