You need to hire an assistant :p
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ActionChugger's post:
  • Super
(08-26-2014, 06:35 PM)ActionChugger Wrote: You need to hire an assistant :p

Or buy a side car. Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
google "train layout", it will give you some more ideas. I got some of the ideas from googling.
(08-26-2014, 07:16 PM)Super Wrote:
(08-26-2014, 06:35 PM)ActionChugger Wrote: You need to hire an assistant :p

Or buy a side car. Big Grin

I know this is off on a tangent, but I always wanted a sidecar, I used to drool over Ural sidecar combinations( based on a 50's BMW design built in Russia) and I was really into my vintage bikes, but no longer. My wife put a stop to that after I had a bad accident in 2009, It was a bad time in my life ( and a little scary) so I don't ride anymore, although I do miss it!
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 09:21 PM by Tramp.)
I know of what you are talking about, not the accident part but quite a few near misses back in my chopper days. I always thought the bikes with side cars looked clumsy to ride.

Yep, thats a Triumph Bonneville 650

[Image: scan0002_zpsa0e5e2cc.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • anc6802, sunhuntin
(08-26-2014, 10:28 PM)Super Wrote: I know of what you are talking about, not the accident part but quite a few near misses back in my chopper days. I always thought the bikes with side cars looked clumsy to ride.

Yep, thats a Triumph Bonneville 650

[Image: scan0002_zpsa0e5e2cc.jpg]

Yeah I'm sure they were! My friend had one for a bit, it didn't have a handbrake so he had to leave it parked in gear all the time. He said it really struggled on corners where the road was rough. That's a great looking bonneville, did you chop it yourself?
I had a few bikes when I had my accident, I've always had a thing for 'under appreciated' classics, The bike I'd just fixed up was a 1969' Puch Ms50d, it wasn't in bad condition when I first got it
[Image: 82.jpg]

But I stripped it down replaced the chrome work and had it all painted,

[Image: ms50dexhaust8.jpg]

I was really happy with it until I was knocked off. Luckily(?) it came off better than my leg and I've still got it in the garage, my leg on the other hand I smashed up pretty badly

[Image: xray7.jpg]

[Image: xray10.jpg]

And I had to wear a metal frame for 16months! I'm pretty much ok now but I do walk with a limp,
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tramp's post:
  • KumaChan
Oh my, 16 months in that brace, how terrible, how uncomfortable. So glad you are still alive. I love the look at the remodeled bike. Love the color and the front fender plate is awesome.

Yep, I totally chopped the Triumph myself. British bike lovers were outcasts in my days here in the USA, it was mostly hard starting, oil leaking Harleys. Bought a beat up Bonneville from a police auction cheap just for the motor. Had a wild idea of entering in a show but my chrome did not arrive in time for me to assemble it for the show. Don't think I would have done well but it was fun doing it. LOL, I have gone from modifying cars and motorcycles to modifying Tomy Trains. Smile
wow, im not surprised your wife put her foot down... i would have too, even as a biker myself. ive had one accident [will be 10 years october] and have the scars, but i got off lightly. my bike on the other hand... she started without issue after the wreck but she wasnt worth repairing, sadly.

the trumpy is a beaut! side cars, we dont see many of here. i remember seeing one come down a series of tight switch backs. when going up, i had to go right down to a stop basically and start from scratch. wouldnt have wanted to be in the downhill sidecar... whiplash central!
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
Yeah she put it down pretty firmly, although she still let's me pedal my mopeds about, this is me and my son ( on the first motorbike I ever bought)

[Image: null_zps4ea4b96f.jpg]

What bike do you ride sunhuntin? As for sidecars, here in the uk they are few and far between, I think they were mostly used in the 50's when people couldn't afford cars and needed to get the family about. Do you still have a bike super? I kept the first bike I owned (in the above picture) and the Puch I had my accident on, I'd like to restore it again one day, there is a transport museum local to me where I'd like to put it on display, but that's a while away yet, I've got a few cars I want to do first. Super, I bet there's a much bigger British bike scene now, I bet it's like the American bike scene in the UK, a couple of decades ago there wasn't one, but there is now, and it's getting bigger!
sidecars arent often seen here either, mostly attached to vintage bikes at events etc. we have street racing on dec 26 every year, and often get a good amount of pretty things.

heres my girl, a 98 yamaha virago xv250. shes just had a heart transplant [ignition switch]. ive had her since 2007

stopped a look-out near arthurs pass in the south island. the bird is a native parrot called a kea. they are really cheeky and have been known to strip wiper blades, door rubbers, aerials and all sorts off cars. thought they would try and steal my gloves but they didnt. just nibbled the clutch cable, pecked the mirror and used the tank as a slide.
[Image: burtfest07476Small.jpg]

my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2014, 05:50 AM by sunhuntin.)