Geotrax

15 Replies, 8066 Views

I don't think we've ever discussed the Geotrax system here before. The track looks quite interesting. Any collectors out there?

[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
What a coincidence...just recently (last few weeks) I bought a few Geo Trains to canibalize some parts that I think would work with some Plarail Customs. Also I have here a complete Toy Story exploding Bridge set (minus box) from when my Grandson was small, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIQ6_BLljMA
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Interesting. Looks like rack railway track! Big Grin
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
When I first saw the heading I thought it was Gravitrax, a marble/rollercoaster type construction toy that was in a recent Amazon sale and caught my eye for a moment lol!
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
(08-31-2021, 05:13 PM)Mister No Wrote: Looks like rack railway track! Big Grin

You may not know how right you are Mr No. BTW:...love your new personalized Avatar

I am no expert on the GeoTrax trains but I do know that a lot of them are Push Along (not motorized) even though they take battery's for lights and sound like the 3 that I recently purchased for parts. However, the motorized ones do use that middle toothed rail for its movement as you can see from the 'Powered Car' that came in the Toy Story Exploding Bridge Set in the picture below.

[Image: IMG-0306.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
I presumed that teeth were there for a reason... Big Grin The rack tracks should prevent the trains from running too fast on the descending slope, but somehow they don't...  Confused

They have road vehicles and RC talking models too... I don't know about the exact size of the Geotrax, but I think they could be a nice addition to a Plarail layout:

[Image: geotrax.jpg]
  • Super
Comprehensive site here: https://geotraxpacks.com/

[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Thanks, Chris! 

I'm seeing some nice elements:

[Image: GCS-Pass-Platform.jpg?fit=600%2C367&ssl=1]
[Image: GCS-Stairs.jpg?fit=600%2C582&ssl=1]
[Image: C6853-Toll-Gate.jpg?fit=600%2C622&ssl=1]
[Image: C6852-Water-Tower.jpg?fit=600%2C712&ssl=1]
  • Super
(09-01-2021, 08:09 AM)Mister No Wrote: I don't know about the exact size of the Geotrax, but I think they could be a nice addition to a Plarail layout:

The GeoTrax trains are stubbier and bigger than Plarail however they fit and roll perfectly on Tomy tracks. Without the toothed middle rail the motorized ones could not run on the Tomy tracks. I might also add that the GeoTrax's trains and accessories are beefy, tough, very well made and could take a lot of child abuse. Probably why there are so many still around.

[Image: IMG-0308.jpg]

[Image: IMG-0311.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
(09-01-2021, 11:12 AM)Super Wrote: Without the toothed middle rail the motorized ones could not run on the Tomy tracks.
Are you sure about that Super? Only some pieces of Geotrax track have the toothed middle section, see video above.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super