Any Wooden Factory Tour Video's?

4 Replies, 3118 Views

While following the discussion in this Forum from T-Man12...this question came to mind:
Are there any good video's of the old factories or individuals who actually made/carved the original wooden toy trains that eventually turned into what we see today?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
There are a few articles with pictures from the Wooden Railway toy factories, mostly from around the time when they were recalled for possibly having lead paint

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/19/busin...9toys.html

I don't know of any video walkthroughs, but a few of my friends have contacted some of the people who developed the toys, and compiled the info on Twitter here: Tangentially Thomas
https://twitter.com/Tangent_Thomas/statu...92866?s=19

There is also this interview with the original designer and prototyper from the 90s
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 2 users Like DuckGWR's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Thanks Duck

Wait...aren't wooden train toys a lot older than the 90"s. Couldn't read the first Link as the NY Times wants money and says I have exceeded my free limit of content...I have never read anything they have written haha.

Looking at one of the other Links...who wouldn't want this in their backyard?

[Image: Copy-of-factorydisplaythomas.jpg]
Indeed much older. My links were all about the Thomas range which started in the early 90s, sorry.

Here are the photos from the first link.
[Image: 19toys-2-650.jpg]
[Image: 19toys-600a.jpg]
[Image: 19toys-650.jpg]
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 3 users Like DuckGWR's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super, Tharazero1
All history is an interest Duck, thank you!

What really intrigues me is how they originally mass produced the wood and the machining processes and what types of wood they used