Clear Track

9 Replies, 2921 Views

Interesting looking Clear Track Layout.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, sunhuntin, Tharazero1
I saw that one, it's not the first time on youtube. I wonder if the tracks are Tomy product or 3D print...
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
there are clear-ish tomy tracks, i think from event fishing games? i see them sometimes on jauce, along with other transparent colors. orange and green, and maybe blue? i have some green for the buzz lightyear train.

https://www.jauce.com/auction/c884513037
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
My mind is hinting at me that these clear tracks also came in a set....could it have been the Maglev or is my mind confusing it with the clear wheels?
As well as being given as prizes in games as Sunhuntin says, clear rail in various colours is sold at Plarail Expo and other such events, along with bridge piers in a variety of solid colours.  It is sold by weight. In 2017 the prices were:

Curved rail: 17g = 68 yen
Straight rail: 20g = 80 yen
Bridge pier: 29g = 116 yen

I've seen a picture of a bin full of clear ramps as well, but I can't find it just now.

[Image: 7e446c8e9c.jpg] [Image: 20170506015328.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No, PerkyHydrAan, Super
Oh, wow...it didn't even dawn on me about the clear ramps too in the video. Now this is the first I recall seeing them.

These clear rails would have been perfect with the Snoopy Plane set.

[Image: peanut.jpg]
I don't see any ramps in the video, but I still think I've seen some somewhere.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Of course you are right Dr Chris. I was fooled by the camera angles on some of the curved track. The illusion made me think they were ramps.
2006 - Green, brown, and grey ramps, four yen per gram.

[Image: aae2d639.jpg]
Yes, I have had all 3 of those colored ramps (besides Tomy blue) Dr Chris but I don't think I can recall any clear ones.