Help Identifying a Train

21 Replies, 28008 Views

Once again I ask for your help in identifying a train that I have see quite a few times but never got its name. I believe it is in the style of the Red Express (pictured below) but instead of all red its red and green. Anyone know of it, its name and whether it was part of a set, sold on its own or a limited release? Any help is always appreciated.

[Image: 85131_zps5e0e90e5.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
no idea, but sounds festive!!
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
(08-30-2014, 01:18 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: no idea, but sounds festive!!

Thats what I thought. Just thinking ahead about a small track under the xmas tree with our Polar Express and a green and red train would look good running with it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • sunhuntin
(08-30-2014, 04:11 AM)Super Wrote:
(08-30-2014, 01:18 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: no idea, but sounds festive!!

Thats what I thought. Just thinking ahead about a small track under the xmas tree with our Polar Express and a green and red train would look good running with it.

is it this?

Attached Files
.jpg   plarail Kirishima Hinata.jpg (Size: 46.65 KB / Downloads: 128)
.jpg   JR九州きりしま&ひゅうが・3両-2200-円.jpg (Size: 29.48 KB / Downloads: 126)
Its similar but the colors don't seem to be what I remember, too colorful. I only remember green and red. Looking at the box may give me additional search words though, thanks Geris!
  • Gerisplarail1
No problem your description is a little vague and I have a feeling it is not a 485. I am trying to think of Tomy trains with that color scheme. I will keep an eye out when I am researching Japanese trains!
Tracked down a picture. The train says Tomica World above the Tomica Express so I am assuming that this was part of a certain set. Come to think of it I do not recall ever seeing a middle car for this particular color scheme. Ring a bell for anyone?

[Image: wurug66-img600x450-1400741112sly8x870984...0c4ad2.jpg]
  • Gerisplarail1
I have never seen this, but i was damn close!Wink

where did you find this picture?
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2014, 03:29 PM by Gerisplarail1.)
(08-30-2014, 02:52 PM)Gerisplarail1 Wrote: I have never seen this, but i was damn close!Wink

Yes were were very close indeed.
I have checked every Japanese Plarail/Tomica catalog from 1983 to 2010's no sign of this train so we know for sure it is not normal retail release has to limited special edition! Next I am checking Plarail Fan Club Japan exclusives.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerisplarail1's post:
  • sunhuntin